Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ef738afe2a1e6509ca1194dee199811Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

going for a x-wing build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franxy-2009 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: going for a x-wing build Reply with quote

hiya guys.im just finishing my TIE PILOT BUILD for the 501st ,then im looking forward to staring my X-WING build,i have been looking through your tutorials,and they are very helpfull,looking forward to speaking to you guys,
franxy-2009 ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been looking on a website called costumebase. for a flightsuit and flack vest can anyone tell me if they are rebel legion approved please
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costume base items are not approvable as they are. They need to be modified in several ways to get approved, and still won't be that accurate. There are much better alternatives, but of course cost more.

Claudio of Argentina-Props-Worldwide AKA Custom Props makes a very nice Jumpsuit and vest that are approvable right out of the box.
You should be able to get them cheaper than from his website or ebay if you contact him through this forum.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21694&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=costume+base&start=30

Moncal offers a really nice and accurate Jumpsuit for only about $100, but expect to wait a while (months) if you order from him.

David L.
Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Mon Cal is on the way to recieve son flightsuits. But it is true he is too long.

I've ordered him a TIE + a X-wing helmet last july (2013). He writed me he needed 18 to 20 weeks to proceed - so I must recieved in november. We are the last day of march 2014, and I still haven't got nothing. His work is great, but not serious.

So if you got a hell of time (about one year after orders) to realize your pilot costume, no problem Mon Cal does great job. If you expect a shoter delay, others people are doing good props too.

David (DroidWelder) ain't tell about is job, but I can tell you is chetboxes are fine ! - I've got two !

I've got my flakvest, my web belt, and my leather gloves from Claudio (custom props) the job is well done.

For the jumpsuit another adress is wampawear but I can't tell you more, I never had business with them.
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
rebelbird French Base Commanding Officer (2014-2018)
saber 2
aka Baron Waz - TI-16707 in the 501st
franxy-2009 ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info guys,this is all good,,i dont really fancy waiting a year for it.i have a helmet & chestbox sorted for an order,they are all rebel legion approved.from Germany a guy called BTprops,is work is really good.im gonig to make the leg flares and escape harness my self,with the help of the tutorials in this forum,
franxy-2009 ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohh and another thing,would i be able to use my Tie Pilot gloves and boots for the x-wing costume,
Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the same, I use mine on the both way too
(I am not 501st approuved yet, I still wait my helmet)
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
rebelbird French Base Commanding Officer (2014-2018)
saber 2
aka Baron Waz - TI-16707 in the 501st
missleia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Waz Sandoli wrote:
It seems Mon Cal is on the way to recieve son flightsuits. But it is true he is too long.

I've ordered him a TIE + a X-wing helmet last july (2013). He writed me he needed 18 to 20 weeks to proceed - so I must recieved in november. We are the last day of march 2014, and I still haven't got nothing. His work is great, but not serious.

So if you got a hell of time (about one year after orders) to realize your pilot costume, no problem Mon Cal does great job. If you expect a shoter delay, others people are doing good props too.

David (DroidWelder) ain't tell about is job, but I can tell you is chetboxes are fine ! - I've got two !

I've got my flakvest, my web belt, and my leather gloves from Claudio (custom props) the job is well done.

For the jumpsuit another adress is wampawear but I can't tell you more, I never had business with them.

Couldn't say better than that.

Heard the stories too many times but these are all from a third parties. Interestingly, none of them have WW suits.
I got my suit from WW. Got it in less than 5 days. After making some comparison with a few local pilots, the quality is far greater than Moncal's suit.
Read thru out this forum. You can see how Moncal's suit is breaking apart, falling apart and the crotch exploded.

Anyway, Good luck with your build.

HTH
Mac Bragg ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a year plus for my order from MonCal/Far Away Creations. He's trying to make a go doing props/costumes/etc. professionally (been featured in some actual Hollywood productions) so an actual contract job comes first.

At least half the judges are wearing Claudio's stuff Laughing

Here's his evilbay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Custom-Props/X-wing-pilot-/_i.html?_fsub=1946401011&_sid=398147521&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

His flight suits are custom made to your measurements.

Contact him directly via PM for legion pricing.

Whatever you do, before you buy anything, ask here first! There is a lot of stuff out there, and some of it is just not even close to accurate.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also check with Jeff Rodriguez (Darth Hair). His wife makes vest's and flight suits.
What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?!-Emperor Palpatine
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a big run last year for Dagobah Base with Darth hair helmets, boxes and metal parts, and Wampa Wear suits, flares & holders and vests. WW is making my vest now, cant wait to get it.

turnaround for both was slow but thats because we were doing a big group run. Normally turnaround for both is very quick.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: