Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e4df53cf3ef49712256157b8c650458Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ste-Waz Sandoli X-Wing Pilot WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After ten monthes I had my helmet. Here what I had - let me tell you I am not a satisfied customer. The mowhawk isn't glued on the helmet

I've paid this $200. It is expensive, but I've ordered because it was said his job is (one of) the best. He do not sells kits because he wants his job fine. A second point I'd ordered it is because in last july, it was the only one who selled an helmet with a mobile visor.

At this point I regret, If I had to wait a little more, maybe I've ordered a Darthair kit.
- Less expensive
- Included padding
- Mobile visor
- My work on assembly is far away better than he did.

For me it is to late. Ten monthes (instead of five) waiting that ! Make your own opinion
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
rebelbird French Base Commanding Officer (2014-2018)
saber 2
aka Baron Waz - TI-16707 in the 501st
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mowhawk cap is typically unattached because it's easier to paint separately and then attach.

It looks pretty good otherwise but $200 is pretty expensive.

Rebel Legion Profile

missleia

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Waz Sandoli wrote:
After ten monthes I had my helmet. Here what I had - let me tell you I am not a satisfied customer. The mowhawk isn't glued on the helmet

I've paid this $200. It is expensive, but I've ordered because it was said his job is (one of) the best. He do not sells kits because he wants his job fine. A second point I'd ordered it is because in last july, it was the only one who selled an helmet with a mobile visor.

At this point I regret, If I had to wait a little more, maybe I've ordered a Darthair kit.
- Less expensive
- Included padding
- Mobile visor
- My work on assembly is far away better than he did.

For me it is to late. Ten monthes (instead of five) waiting that ! Make your own opinion

Wow.......that was bad.

This is what I was told when I inquired about him.......

Yes, he does a great job and of making prop and assembling. But that was then. Now he does not assemble any of them. He used to have some guy who did an excellent job of putting together helmets and armors. But he left and pursue his own prop business.

I guess now he has some new guy assembling and they were way behind in orders. On top of that his flightsuits are getting a bad rep. And he keeps promising and promising.

If I were you, I will send it back or file a complaint.

Good luck.
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send a mail to Mon Cal ... And wait now, with him it is usual .

a link to the album of my pics of these helmets (the TIE Pilot model his worse).

When you see the pics he shows you of his products. You order, it is more expensive than another propmaker, but the job looks great. He doesn't sells kit because he wants a fine mounting.
When is behind, you wait, and wait and wait because you're expecting something fine, and when you receive the package ... It is awful.

In my case, I guess it is to late, I am not sure the guy will assume, my I am gonna work to let everybody knows that Mon Cal is behind not only in the delay.[/url]
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
saber 2

Last edited by Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY) on Mon May 19, 2014 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rich330 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My helmet arrived the same, i.e. with the front part of the mowhawk included as a separate resin part.

I thought it was unusual too.

It's also worth noting that it is has that off-white shade that (polyurethane?) resin has. I certainly felt it necessary to paint mine to colour-match it to the white ABS of the helmet.

I didn't have as much misfortune as you did with the delivery time and luckily I had primer, white paint and suitable on hand.

Given the time your order took to be delivered, I can see how this is a kind of "final nail in the coffin" type situation and can understand your frustrations.

I hope you can complete your helemt and still enjoy your completed costume.
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first sight let everybody's knows Mon Cal seems no more the great propmaker he was.

My costume is validated without a helmet, but I am not sure I am going to "up"grade it with that helmet.
I've got to manage a inner paddig, earcuffs, redo the chin cup ...

I sent him a mail now I've got to wait ... with Mon Cal it is usual to wait I know.
And will see if he assumes.

I've ordered also a TIE pilot helmet, and the job is bad done too :
- The face plate is not the good one, It seems to be a recast of a FX one (so too large)
- The helmet isn't correctly recut. The helmet basis is a APH-6B (same as the X-wing pilot) and you still cas see the mold of the breather fixation
- The earcaps are shifted and the gluing edge is too large (2x).
- The left side were glued shifted to the left.

Problem with an item in a order is an accident.
Problem with a whole order must be assumed to save a réputation

Multiplication of problems in orders (delay, quality ... ) can kill a reputation and a business.

EDIT on the X-wing helmet : I found out his job as a prototype here. I think he sells me a prototype. And the mohawk on the prototype he looks better (same color / same material)
saber 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: