Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f357ec6b698d8bf6d9ef8defb8d44ee2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

THE JASON PALMER PROJECT 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: THE JASON PALMER PROJECT 2.0 Reply with quote

Hello, ladies.

A few years ago, I suggested replicating this painting by Jason Palmer using RL members in the same poses, and for several reasons, the project never took off completely, and was in limbo as far as I know.

I wasn't sure if every costume is in the Legion, but back then it was suggested to Jason, and he seemed up for it. The only downside, I think, would be feelings might get hurt if someone's costume was or wasn't picked over someone else's, etc., and some might get more than one used because they just happen to have a costume or two that no one else has.

And then there's the idea of doing his Leia one:

This one has even less to choose from and more members to want slots for.

I'm not sure how busy Jason is to actually paint it in time for maybe Celebration, but if doesn't have time (and he approves), maybe even a photographic version using the same windows perhaps.

Thoughts?

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trishaleam (Trisha Morace)
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet those who signed up for this might (possibly) be interested.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51361&highlight=
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be super fun Very Happy Great idea!
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
KEU002 (Katelyn Daski)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea, but how would people be chosen to be depicted?
GentleBant ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a way to start this be to create a list of all the costumes involved, and then allow people to request being a part of the project? Each person could list the participating costumes she has, post pics, and would like to be involved with, and then there'd be somewhere to start with. Maybe priority could be given to someone who only had one eligible costume over someone who has multiple eligible costumes (and therefore could be featured elsewhere). Once the list was completed, then a file could be compiled with everyone's costume pics and Mr. Palmer could decide?
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEU002 wrote:
I love this idea, but how would people be chosen to be depicted?

I was thinking the costume judges and maybe me since it was my idea. The last thing I want is people upset thinking there was favoritism. This was to pay tribute to the talents in the Legion and give recognition to the hard work you all do. Smile

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GentleBant wrote:
Would a way to start this be to create a list of all the costumes involved, and then allow people to request being a part of the project? Each person could list the participating costumes she has, post pics, and would like to be involved with, and then there'd be somewhere to start with. Maybe priority could be given to someone who only had one eligible costume over someone who has multiple eligible costumes (and therefore could be featured elsewhere). Once the list was completed, then a file could be compiled with everyone's costume pics and Mr. Palmer could decide?

I was thinking similar. Maybe someone can send the message to all the RLGS members too.

Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the v. 1.0 of this project it was simply the person who signed up first who got the spot.
Puck (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Anne wrote:
For the v. 1.0 of this project it was simply the person who signed up first who got the spot.

Is that fair? I mean this is an international organisation with people from all over the world who might want to join in on this project.
When opening up the registration for this there is always the issue of a time difference.
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest it wasn't that big of a rush for it, just look at the Celebration Anaheim Leia project, it's still not filled with all costumes.

Also I think it's more fair than having someone judge the people signing up, then someone will always be disappointed that she wasn't chosen for some reason or another. If it's simply a sign up, then it's up to the person signing up to do it on time, or miss out, with no risk of getting anyone accused of costume-shaming or favoritism.
Tilsha ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it more fare for the Padme one what if you added in the Mini series and the clone wars costumes so more people have more chances. And maybe something similar for the Leia one as well.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Anne wrote:

Not true, it turned into the officer for the detachment or some team including Matt because it was his idea had to approve submissions.

I hate to be a pessimist, but this didn't work the first time to pull this together due to not having all the costumes, people not agreeing who should be picked, and even being able to successfully coordinate with a busy artist like Jason Palmer. I don't think it's worth it at this point to bother Jason Palmer and hurt a lot of feelings in the club by going down this path again.

I think for the energy/effort there has to be something better we can do for Celebration that is more inclusive and better use of everyone's energy.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many members are here?

http://www.lightersideoftheforce.com/2014/09/20-brilliant-padme-cosplays.html?m=1

http://www.lightersideoftheforce.com/2014/09/13-jawdropping-leia-cosplays.html?m=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: