Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=697d870f16b57ac05e9f46b72973cb93Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

R2-CE and C3P0 help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeilT ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: R2-CE and C3P0 help needed Reply with quote

Hey all,

there are build threads over on Replica Pros and Astromech, but this is my first droid. R2-CE. Now all metal. Basic motor functions. including tools, paint, etc, he cost about $10K just for the basics. Eventually I might plan to add moving utility arms, a periscope,lightup/moving HPs...but for now I've got to start saving again.

https://flic.kr/p/nPvSrT

you can also check out his build video here [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ux0CghCbA[/youtube]to help out new members just getting into building. learn from my many mistakes ;o).

Also, a quick Question for you threepio builders. I ordered Cal Pierce shorts, but I'm not exactly sure how they are supposed to fit together. Alot of the unnessecary plastic has been sanded off....just not sure how they fit.

Also, where do you go to get yours chromed? I used a place in Ontario for my head. Reasonable prices, but their email communication is horrid(I have phone phobia!) and they bent my threepio helmet during the chroming process. the top back is all warped out of shape now....
would love a company state side to send it to that can get it back to me within a months time.

I know there is a place in LA that did it for Episode 3, but they also do not return emails......not sure if calling them would get any better a response...

thanks for any help!
D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

As far as the shorts, they should fit front over back. leave about a half an inch.
For the chroming process, you can contact Coat of Chrome, in Pennsylvania.
He has done several suits so he is familiar, and chromes just about anything. Nice guy to talk to. It's an expensive process, but the results are superior. Just know that the surface has to be GLASS smooth. any imperfections will show.

Hope that helps

D-3po

NeilT ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! that does look great! Sent them an email, we'll see how well things go!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10462961_10152460783355211_8751841296824401258_n.jpg?oh=1cbece64d8c17cad9a9460d467f7e76c&oe=54CBF1D9&__gda__=1418133180_f3c2216a9e78c41ccb5701a4c78a17d6

This is what my parts look like at current.

I was hoping to have a complete costume in time for a WCBS FM radio broadcast in December. If I get invited, their final broadcast is at a childrens hospital, and I told 'em I'd bring over R2 and 3P0 if there is room ;o)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: