Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f96d05c3035e7a0abfd16c5f1c8e0c2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Oz Comic Con Sydney Troop Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katzor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Oz Comic Con Sydney Troop Report
Event: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:00 am

Tython Troop Report

Event: Oz Comic Con Sydney.

Date/Time: 13th and 14th September 2014 - 09:00Hrs - 18:00Hrs

Weather: Saturday High of 18 Degrees with a Low of 14 Degrees.
Sunday High of 24 Degrees with a Low of 14 Degrees.

Legionaries:
• Obickay
• Fyr Mureys
• Katzor
• Freppy
• Red9
• Darthbarry
• Ixam Let’si

Wranglers: Alex Zelenjak

Mission Report:

A good start to this convention was had by all of Tython with a smooth bump in on Friday afternoon involving the collection and transportation of the Card back and other assorted Tython resources from various locations. The set up of the stand was completed by Friday evening ready for opening on Saturday morning.

The stand itself stood next to our partners at 501st SCG with the Mandalorian Mercs on our other side and the card back and backdrop situated directly behind our stall.

Tython troopers were there bright and early on Saturday morning for weekend Sunrises' live crossing and we're all kitted up before opening at 0900 Hrs. The public seemed to make a bee line for the 'star wars section' and there were many young families in attendance (more so than other conventions).

Our members such as Ixam Let’si and Katzor handled alot of the recruitment and curious members of the public's questions whilst Freppy, Red9, Fyr Mureys and Darthbarry took many an opportunity to put smiles on kids faces with photo opportunities and meet and greets. In particular I'd like to mention that this was Freppy's first RL troop and he exceeded expectations with his friendly manner towards the public and his enthusiasm to promote Tython to interested parties.

Throughout the convention all members had photo's, many an interesting chat and some really valuable table duty time. I'd like to congratulate Tython on this troop, although at times we were without the BCO and without the XO our members performed famously and a good Con was had by all over both days.

Thank you for all members to participated!

Mission Status: Complete and Succsessfull
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report Kat.

It was a surprisingly good troop.

I was worried about the organisation by OzCC but it turned out great and was good chatching up with people.
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Work Katzor,

I concur with Obickay it was a good troop, the transport issues a side I felt this was a good troop and that the organisation for it being the first Sydney event was pretty good in the end.

Hopefully next year will be better.
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent report Smile
In the end, it was a really good event. Well organised, well spaced, and very friendly.
Sorry that Boss died on the first, and didn't make it into the second day Sad
freppy (William Bond)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report Katzor.
I must say, for my first event with you guys, it made an awesome impression! So much fun haha. I'm looking forward to many more in the future,,,
As you mentioned also, the event went really well - transport issues aside. Once the Darling Harbour Convention Centre is finished being built it will probably move there - which will be much easier to get to!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: