Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=34ef78ff4c2592d73a38ce2718394c05Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Troopergirl's Rebels Sabine-WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Troopergirl's Rebels Sabine-WIP Reply with quote

As I already posted on Oldrepublicjedi's topic, I am scratch-building a Sabine-costume, as well.

At first I thought I could use my scratch-built Bo Katan-helmet and just paint it pink, but after taking a closer look, I noticed that the helmet was quite different.

As I am building a lot out of EVA-foam these days, I started with the helmet using foam and orientating on my Bo Katan-helmet.

Forming the dome out of one piece, I took a little bit different approach as did Oldrepublicjedi:

After a lot of heating, bending and applying some acrylic, I got this:

To make it a little bit more stable and to get an even surface I put on a layer of worbla yesterday and put on two layers of glue so far to get rid of the seams and to make it more smooth:

All the other armour-parts are made out of foam as well... Parts of it are already undercoated...

As it is quiet handy to be able to put off the helmet at events, I also looked for a suitable wig, but couldn't find any blue-orange one. Thus I ordered a lilac-white one and want to colour it blue-orange. Here a quick selfy:

Right now I ordered neoprene-fabric in black and grey to make the shirt, gloves and the elastic straps for the ellbows and the knees out of it.

For the trousers I am looking to find suitable leather-like trousers or fabric, but haven't been successful so far. Same goes for the boots, as they should be reasonably priced, as I will be applying stains of paint anyway...
Oldrepublicjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good.

Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I didn't have as much time as I wanted to continue working... But this weekend I managed to get some things done...

I started with the paint job on the armour-parts...

As I am not satisfied with the shape of the helmet, I started some modifications as well:

As I want the shirt, gloves and the "strapping" for the knee- and ellbow-parts to be made from the same material and thinking the shirt should not "just be any kind of shirt", but should have a function/serve a purpose, I bought neoprene-fabric. I started with sewing the shirt:

As the back side of the neoprene is grey, I just swapped the sides of cut-out pieces to create the two-coloured look of the shirt:

And I almost finished re-colouring the wig...

That's the state so far:

tk5144 (derek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where'd you get those boots?
Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tk5144 wrote:
where'd you get those boots?

ebay... I've searched so many weeks for leather boots with wedges for a reasonable price, that it seems that it took forever...
Eitanya ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how your wig turned out! Everything's looking great. Smile
Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Finally found a little bit of time to work on Sabine again and took some pictures yesterday... Please don't mind the threads dangling everywhere...

I don't wear the boots because I broke a toe and the trousers aren't finished yet.

I think I will adjust the position of the shoulder-bells and of course I have to apply some "weathering/colour stains" and finish the holster, the spraygun, the blasters and the helmet!
Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of finished my Sabine costume... There are still things I want to change and I also need to add a comlink, but it was good enough to attend the German Red Carpet event for Star Wars Rebels last sunday.

Here are some of the pictures taken there:

Troopergirl ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipeeh! Accepted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: