Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f896ea07995b734dcbb743e430ecfcacMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2/27-3/1/15 Ring Of Fire Con, Virginia Beach
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (10)

(2)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
Jon-Ari_KenobiWed Dec 03, 2014 3:22 amMon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 am
twilekjediWed Dec 03, 2014 7:39 amWed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 am
Colt45Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:27 am
Ami-Lyn KelTue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 am
JATSU-AIKITue Dec 16, 2014 11:47 pm
Sol Kar PloonSat Jan 17, 2015 12:14 am
Skywalker2BWed Jan 28, 2015 9:28 pm
Benaiah AbishaiMon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm
DaceWed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 am
ShivanndTue Feb 24, 2015 11:58 amTue Feb 24, 2015 11:58 am
Turtle CommandoWed Jan 21, 2015 10:53 pm
jyn-ah mairoSat Jan 24, 2015 1:54 am
Bouri-PlwelSat Feb 07, 2015 2:26 pm
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: 2/27-3/1/15 Ring Of Fire Con, Virginia Beach
Event starting Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:00 am for 3 days

Here's another early warning Con notice for everyone.

the 2nd annual Ring of Fire Con will be from February 2nd- March 1st

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holiday+Inn+Virginia+Beach+-+Norfolk

This was an extremely successful con last year as it completely sold out of badges for the entire weekend

Definitely one to check out if you are looking for a local Con

This year on Friday I'll be performing for the Formal / Costume Ball! (Pretty much taking over after the band is done and going all night til the break of light kinda thing).

Last edited by Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre) on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2/27-3/1/15 Ring Of Fire Con, Virginia Beach Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! My costume was just approved, so I'm looking to get out and have some fun with all of you. Count in me in for Ring of Fire Con. I just found out about it and want to go anyway.
Mr. Green
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Amy Lynn, and welcome to Freedom Base! Looking forward to meeting you there. hi

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy and congrats! I think I'll drive down for Saturday.
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had an internal issue come up and they had to reshuffle the entire Sci-Fi track.

Star Wars is now the major focus this year. They haven't announced it yet, but the major star they are in the final phase of contract signing with is a major Star Wars star.

The Friday dinner is being planned to be a Star Wars instead of a Star Trek party this year.

They would also like us to step up with 5 or 6 panels again this year. And we will have our own panels this time. panels hosted by multiple legions did not work last year.

I am proposing the following panels:

Meet the Rebel Legion
Jedi Costuming
Clone Armor (building and tales of wearing the armor)

This leaves us with 2 to 3 additional panels (or we can have 4 additional panels suggested and replace one of the above listed ones).

The bad news is that we have to have the panels and a brief description of the panel in by December 29. This is so that they can get the panels advertised in the program book.

I am still trying to discuss the number of badges we will receive.
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Pretty Impressive Reply with quote

Engineer, the info in your post makes the con sound like an even bigger deal than their own website makes it sound! Very Happy
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: And BTW... Reply with quote

...since I'm apparently thinking the same way I'm posting tonight (in segments!)...I'm down for any help you might need for anything con- or panel-related. I live in Norfolk, so this place is almost a next door neighbor to me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The con right now is short on panels overall, they are asking us for as many as we can possibly provide.

This also means if any individual members wish to, if they have a non- Legion panel they wish to do, they can go to the ring of fire website and submit it.

So if you like a specific movie or something and want to do your own panel, by all means submit it and they will consider it.

Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Question about dates Reply with quote

So I was looking at http://www.rofcon.com/rofcon-pre-registration and was wondering when would be the best time to go. I don't plan on going for the entire weekend, so does anyone have any thoughts?
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturdays are most often the busiest days for just about any con.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they just announced that Peter Mayhew is one of the guest stars attending ROFCon this year.
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Peter Mayhew Reply with quote

I just saw the announcement on Twitter. I am STOKED! Surprised
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious if Freedom Base or the RL in general will get any passes for persons who are at the table or run panels and such?

Rick, are you heading this up this year?

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RL and 501st are both getting passes for the con but in reduced numbers from last year, do to the con staff's observation of what they asked us to do and what they observed of us. Yes Rick is handling the details for the con. I have been keeping as posted as possible on the details as they come up.

Our agreement with the con is for there to be people in Rebel Legion costumes throughout the weekend around the table and throughout the con, as well as those manning the table preferentially in costume but ok if they are in swag so they can sit etc. We also are picking up panels for them, how many panels right now we do not know, but at least 1-3 panels for certain.

The con wanted lots of Star Wars costumes about, which is why we got so many free passes last year, those free passes were essentially "volunteer 'staff' badges", so our "work" was being in our RL costumes and being seen. The con did not feel we met their expectations last year.

The con is reducing the number of free badges to the RL and the 501st because they do not see us as needing as many. When they walked by in observation, they recounted as not seeing a whole lot of us there. The 501st is also in the mix having left their table unmanned for periods of time forcing the Mando Mercs to keep an eye out for it.

From their observation they did not see enough of us to warrant getting 15 badges again this year. We don't need to waste time pointing fingers or declaring how much time we each put in last year, the point is the con wasn't happy with our turnout/performance, so we need to just improve on that this year and show em we mean business.

I don't know exactly how many, but I do know its 10 or less we are getting this year.

Which means, the free badges will go to those who will be doggedly relentless about manning the table, helping with the panels, and being in RL costumes all weekend long.

If we want to get the same again next year, then the ones we have this year will need to be used extremely well. If we wish to increase the number for 2016, we are going to need people who will still be dedicated to the table to buy passes and show there is a need for us to have more free passes in 2016.

Some small advantages will be there will be people going who won't need to be on the RL's list of passes. Like myself, I'll have my own badge for DJ'ing the formal ball Friday night. So thats 1 extra badge open for someone else to take.

engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The panels situation has been solved. Here are the Rebel Legion panels:

Meet the Rebel Legion
Members of the Rebel Legion introduce the legion that represents the Good Guys of the Star Wars Universe.

Soft Rebel Costume Construction
Learn about the costuming standards and some techniques that will help you to create a movie quality costume that you can sit down in.

Rebel Armor
Learn about some of the techniques used to create the hard parts of Rebel costumes, and how to find out what the standards are for approval. Many Rebel Characters have hard armor parts from the fleet troopers you first saw way back in 1977, to the clonetroopers from the later movies.

Tales from the troops
From triple digit heat to ice, we troop in all kinds of conditions. Members of the Rebel Legion will discuss troops we have done, some of the challenges they created, and things we did to counter those challenges.

I am still trying to get numbers of badges straightened out.

Also since Peter Mayhew is the major guest, the Friday Night Feast is going to be a Star Wars theme. We will most likely be involved in that (like being asked to provide entertainment), but to what extent I do not know at this time. This is absolutely going to be a 3 Legion Activity.

I am crashing the next convention staff meeting with my counterpart in the Mercs. We intend to get the last details hammered out.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: