Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=963b632c693f775320e9e3c4b385e2d7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Leia Senatorial Gown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atradia (Jessica)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been a while. I've got the dress done except for the keyhole I'm having a hard time getting it to line up properly - I'll just get a seamstress I think!

Issue! My hood looks REDICULOUS!! I lined the entire dress and did not line the hood. Should I line the hood?
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atradia wrote:
So it's been a while. I've got the dress done except for the keyhole I'm having a hard time getting it to line up properly - I'll just get a seamstress I think!

Issue! My hood looks REDICULOUS!! I lined the entire dress and did not line the hood. Should I line the hood?

If you can, I would suggest lining the hood. It will make it look even with the rest of the dress.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that. It'll give you a cleaner looking edge. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Atradia (Jessica)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies, lined the hood and getting ready for my first round of approval pics this weekend! My wig came in and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this color, I may dye my hair! However I'm glad my hair isn't 32" long...

Does anyone have any suggestions on the lip color? I've read and watched several tutorials and having a hard time picking a color. I'm pretty fair skinned and know ZERO about makeup.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I do ceremonial Leia, but the make up is pretty much the same. Pink and red. I use a strawberry red lipgloss for my ceremonial, which I think gives a very nice color and shine. Smile
Pink goes on eyelids and cheeks.

And don't worry about being fair skinned; so is Leia.

(I'd just like to say there's nothing wrong with having 32" long hair; you just have to braid it or put it up in a bun. Having it loose hanging is not recommenable though (unless you do Ewok Village Leia)). Wink

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senatorial Leia uses a fairly red lipstick and eyeshadow with quite a bit of pink in it. You don't want it to look too unnatural, but you can lean in the direction of dramatic with your lipstick.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Atradia (Jessica)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I went through my first round of judging and it went ok! I can address the issues covered, however I need some suggestions on the buns. I'm not really sure how to make them bigger. I've got a wig AND extensions already in the buns. I'm afraid to tease them because that's hard to come back from with a wig. Just any tricks would be helpful to make them bigger.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of extensions did you use? I think those who make the buns from scratch use four packs of kanekalon hair, two for each side. Some use a base of a light weight material they then wrap the hair around.
Or you could try twisting it a little less hard, but I don't know if that would give you enough size.

Atradia (Jessica)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
What type of extensions did you use? I think those who make the buns from scratch use four packs of kanekalon hair, two for each side. Some use a base of a light weight material they then wrap the hair around.
Or you could try twisting it a little less hard, but I don't know if that would give you enough size.

My base wig is the Arda Leia wig http://arda-wigs.com/products/leia

then I added these extensions since Arda was out of the matching extensions http://www.doctoredlocks.com/janet-collection-yaky-switch-toyokalon-braid.html
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Maybe you need another pack to get enough fullness. Or you could try wrapping you hair around something else.

Atradia (Jessica)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your help and input! Received my approval this morning!! I'm excited to be joining the ranks of so many fantastic women embodying the amazing character of Leia Organa!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: