Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b8067edcdf403d15f23e38c274f6ae98Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senate Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa Skywalker ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Senate Leia Reply with quote

Brought her senate gown some time ago but not sure if it would be approved the slits in it come up just below my Knee the hood to my butt and the neck has hook clasps to close it

I just want advice on if the dress would be Approved with the proper boots ect I am a pensioner so don't want to go out buying all the gear to find out the dress isn't good enough
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think we'd need to see it on, as a lot of it is about fit. The belt do seem to lack a slight V curve on the top like it has in the bottom. A very soft curve is required for the belt.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Leia Organa Skywalker ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to get new belt boots and wig if the dress is suitable

top when sitting right

Photos are not that good partner was laying down while taking the first two lol[/img]
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying it on. That is a big help for reference. I have two concerns with this:

1) as Lora said, your belt can't go straight across on the top. Check out this handy guide I just made for acceptable shapes. You can easily cut the top edge of your belt for it to work.

2) It looks to me like your dress is made out of a basic cotton woven fabric without any stretch to it. That is making it look very bulky and not blouse very nice around the waist. Do you know what the dress is made of?

The height of the slit isn't as big of a deal to me as the shape of the belt and the material of the dress. The slit height is also something we'd have to look at with your boots, when you get them, but that is an easy fix.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Leia Organa Skywalker ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got told it was a cotton material
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: