Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=412a085897fb3f9ca80ed66dd75d6289Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

5/16-17/15; Tidewater ComicCon; Va Beach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(3)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
engineerTue Mar 17, 2015 2:38 am
Ami-Lyn KelMon Mar 23, 2015 2:54 am
Jon-Ari_KenobiFri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 am
Nikkos KhannTue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 am
Turtle CommandoThu Mar 12, 2015 4:16 pm
Ao Bin'durTue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am
twilekjediFri Mar 13, 2015 5:51 am
Bouri-PlwelFri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am
Colt45Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:41 pm
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: 5/16-17/15; Tidewater ComicCon; Va Beach Reply with quote

http://tidewatercomicon.com/

There is a great line up of guests and our very own Jenn Depaola will be there in the artist alley!
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a table.
They are requesting that we do 2 panels and I am requesting Rebel assistance for the Blast-a-Trooper on Saturday.
They cannot give us free power (convention center is charging $85.00 per table getting power).

I have proposed the following 2 panels:

Meet the Rebel Legion
Star Wars Fan Videos

They are comping us 6 badges. I am claiming 1 each for Jason and myself. We have all of the material needed to run the Blast-a-trooper (nerf guns, darts, sweeper, and banner). Jason and I are volunteering as targets (others are welcome to volunteer also). Our charity for Blast-a-Trooper in the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.

I will be bringing my projector for panels (unless the convention center objects to not being able to bill for one). It has a VGA input, an S-video input, and a 1/8" stereo input for sound (but the speaker really is poor quality). My Netbook that I had for ROFCon got broken at ROFCon and is no longer available for use.

We need to have a table display, and a banner setup (but no electronics that require power). Also I plan to bring a couple of my camping chairs since they are supposedly only supplying 1 chair per table (additional chairs are $7 each. We are bringing our own).

Load in is Friday evening and early Saturday Morning. We cannot bring our stuff in through the front, so if you are bringing anything for the table, please arrive during load in hours (will confirm actual times of load in).

Getting passes (will work you mercilessly for these):
1 Rick Csernelabics
2 Jason Tuttle
3 Amy Kel
4 John Dittmyre
5 Andrew Robb

Table shifts:
Setup:

Saturday:
10-noon:
noon to 2:
2 to 4:
4 to 6:

Sunday:
10 to noon:
noon to 2:
2 to 4:
4 to 5 and table takedown:

Meet the Rebel Legion:

John Dittmyre

Clone armor 101:

Blast-a-Trooper:
setup: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics
10 to noon: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics
noon to 2: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics
2 to 4: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics
4 to 6: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics
breakdown: Ed Huff, Jason Tuttle, Rick Csernelabics

Last edited by engineer () on Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Manning the table Reply with quote

Rick--
I can be there to help man the table on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. I can be there as long as needed both days, just as long as I can get a break to run over to the Batmobile! Smile

As far as the Meet the Rebel Legion panel goes, if you need another body for it even though I'm still a newbie, I'm down for that, or I can man the table during the panel, whatever you guys need.

Amy Kelly
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there with all the table stuff

I thought we were going to have power for this one this time?

engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. They are passing the cost to them for power to whoever uses the power.

The convention center is charging $85.00 per table for power. Tidewater Comicon is not big enough to absorb this cost. The owner is paying the bills by selling off his comic collection.
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: For what it's worth... Reply with quote

...and maybe someone from VBCC has told you this: it will be cheaper to order electricity before move in for the con. The company I work for does two shows a year there. Electrical that is ordered the day of move in will be more than if it's ordered in advance.

Also, VBCC does NOT like it when anyone at all brings in their own food or drinks. If anyone does that and gets caught, they'll be forced to throw it out so you would have to purchase from the concessions stand. If anyone does bring in their own food (like if you make a McD's run or whatever), have another non-descript bag you can bring it in. The food there at VBCC is WAY overpriced and not so good.
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

engineer wrote:
The owner is paying the bills by selling off his comic collection.

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:
...and maybe someone from VBCC has told you this: it will be cheaper to order electricity before move in for the con. Also, VBCC does NOT like it when anyone at all brings in their own food or drinks. If anyone does that and gets caught, they'll be forced to throw it out so you would have to purchase from the concessions stand.

Shocked

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$85 was the advance price.
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a message via the Tyranus facebook site. I guess they're hosting a wedding at Tidewater at 4:15pm. She's looking for folks to create the lightsaber arch for the couple. We told her to submit a request via Rebel Legion. Smile
Firestorm Clan
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Oh wow! Reply with quote

That would be amazing!

azri84 wrote:
We got a message via the Tyranus facebook site. I guess they're hosting a wedding at Tidewater at 4:15pm. She's looking for folks to create the lightsaber arch for the couple. We told her to submit a request via Rebel Legion. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: