Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=16fd6a66fc928dca6bf08ad0395e39c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello, from a total Newb about to give this a go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drake Poldragon (Jamie Searle)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Hello, from a total Newb about to give this a go. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jamie, and English man living near Oslo. I've been here for about eight years now, så jeg kan norsk, men ikke dansk eller svensk, og jeg er ikke sikket om jeg kan stave finsk riktig så, like I said, I'm English. Smile

I'm hoping to make a jedi outfit in time for Episode VII. If that goes well we can look at an X-wing pilot for Rogue One, and oneday a Twi'lek X-wing pilot. But being realistic, a jedi in time for Episode VII would be pretty sweet.

I've done nothing like this before so it's all new to me, some parts sound hard, some sound expensive, but it all looks fun. I'm hoping that you lot are active enough to help me with answers to all of the questions I'm bound to have aong the way. Smile

So far I've read a lot and looked at a lot of pictures. Something along the lines of Obi-wans outfit seems good. I've had a look at materials and took a few swatches home to start getting a feel. Next up is a more concrete plan.

For now, mostly just, hello.
Jaina Solo-Fel (Christina Jensen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Smile we are here, we're just more present over at Nordic Garrison's page (nordicgarrison.net) where we Cooperate with them for events and the like.

We have a Jedi Costume Judge in our midst (Anakin Skywalker) and she will probably be the best one to ask. But you can always ask the rest of us with jedi costumes and we will see if we can answer your questions Smile

The only surprise will be, if there are no surprises - Jaina Solo, LOF Invincible

Hey, the universe is the one with the problem. It's just the Solos' job to fix it - Jaina
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There!

Most of us are active at this board, but we have joined our sister group Nordic garrison on there forum and most of our activities are coordinated there.
http://nordicgarrison.net/forum/

It is awesome that you want a jedi costume and Obi-wan has simple and doable color scheme. Depending of what you can do your self and your budget some things can be expensive.

questions do not hesitate to ask and do so before you buy Smile

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks.

I'll go and have a look at the garrison as well. I came here to the Rebel Legion page as I'm hoping to oneday build a pilot's costume too.

Next week (the Easter holiday) I'm going to have my first attempt at using the sewing machine. I thought a first try on a robe with some cheap material would be a good idea. I suppose at that point I'll begin a wip thread.

Hopefully be seeing you all soon on the other forum then. Smile
jedimasterbatty (Björn Westin)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

I am no good with Jedis but if you need help with the pilot in the future I may be able to help. :-)
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to make a mock up, that way you can catch any glitches before you go into the expensive stuff Wink

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second making a mock up. Very good for avoiding those 'argh!' moments with your more expensive fabric.

And we are actually two jedi judges in the base, with Denmark being jedi land (almost all Danish members have a jedi costume) so I think we should be able to guide you. Smile

You can post up your wip both here, on the Nordic Legions board and in the jedi detachment. We don't mind it if you keep a wip in two different forums.

(As a side note, written Danish and written Norwegian is almost the same; it's Finnish that's a completely different language). Razz

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that written Danish is so similar to written Norwegian, it makes reading the Tacokrydder instructions so simple. Smile

Anyway... I've started on my first part of costuming, my robe. I've created a WIP thread here (and on the Nordic Garrison page) for everyone to take a peek at and come with whatever suggestions a comments I need to hear. Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start. Smile If you keep posting your progress and questions we'll make sure you get a fine jedi costume in the end.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: