Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0f7db5a80f4125e1412a04a6777155f4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Questions about ANH Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie Organa (Brianna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Questions about ANH Leia Reply with quote

Hi, all! The time for me to submit my costume (aka my 18th birthday) is coming closer and I want to make sure I have everything approvable by then so I can start trooping officially as soon as possible! I have a few questions that I mentioned in other threads but I'd like to put them here to get as many opinions as possible.

First up is my wig. The way it's made and therefore sits on my head means that sometimes the buns cover my ears, and other times they don't. Examples:

Buns look great!

Buns look all floppy and weird.

Is this going to be an issue? I can't really pin them down because I'd literally be sticking pins into the sides of my head. Not my hair, my head. The wig is made like this:

See? No space for pins.

Okay so that's issue number one. Secondly, there's my boots. In some pictures, they look okay, and in others they look too short. The standards say "at least mid calf high" which mine are, but compared to Leia's boots in the movie (or what we can see of them), I feel they're too short.

Compared to that (which I think is the only time we can actually see the length of Leia's boots), mine are not only pretty short, but pretty loose as well:

This might be because I have long legs, but I don't know. Also, I know my belt is inaccurate, that is being taken care of by one of the lovely ladies here. Smile

Anyway, I hope you can tell me if everything looks okay or if there's anything I have to fix. Thank you! Leia Buns
Jaxxa ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an LCJ, but your boots look pretty similar to ones a lot of other Leias use. It's hard to get ones that look perfect short of them being completely custom, so plain white is usually good.

For your wig, it might help to have some side pictures of the buns. How did you construct them? My guess is that it's tightly pinned together toward the top and that's why the bottom is just hanging straight down away from your face.
Annie Organa (Brianna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't make the wig, so I don't know how it's constructed. But I do have some pictures from both sides:

As well as the back:

I think it was just a regular wig put in pigtails and then twisted into Leia buns, but I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: