Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4441571b5cffaad4db8f322777bf3aabMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My ANH Leia Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kesra (Samantha Ash)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: My ANH Leia Build Reply with quote

Alright so I'm also working on my own Leia build.

Made a bedsheet mockup today. Went fine only the armpit is too high. But yeah took like a minute to sew together. I bet with my real fabric it'll take like a couple hours. Super easy. Can't wait!

Not picked the fabric out yet but I've gotten a lot of great tips...from you guys. Probably going to line it because it sounds like a good idea.

Turns out 60" fabric is going to be fine for me. Apparently I have short arms.

For the belt I'm looking at various options. The forerunner of which is using floor mat painted white. We'll see if I can find Vinyl and change my mind. I feel like I'll be re-making this a few times XD

My current boots are terrible and a stand in until I manage to get some decent ones.

Bought the Arda 'Leia' wig since I dunno what color I want my hair half the time. Got progress on that at least!

I'm excited. I'm planning to wear this to a comic book store opening in a couple weeks. There's gonna be a Chewbacca. Score.
Kesra (Samantha Ash)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee bought my fabric today! 8 yards of white Jet knit fabric.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Kesra (Samantha Ash)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp its a crappy picture but I restyled the wig. NO EXTENSIONS BABY

There are two things I had to do with this. First, I had to curl the ends because they stuck out stick straight. The Leia wig is heat resistant so this wasn't an issue. Second, rather than one big bun, it's actually made up of an inner and outer bun. By dividing the pigtail, I made the inner bun then wrapped the other half of it around giving it a gentle twist as I did so.

And then pinned the bejesus out of it.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we just need to see how it looks on your head. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Kesra (Samantha Ash)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. My 'no extensions' brag means nothing without me wearing it! Pictures are still terrible. I'll get more when I'm in my Leia costume next weekend (Y'know. After I finish it XD))

(Hair out of place. Gotta pin that sucker down)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: