Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2c5813c541f0d954600aebd2a24bb0dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia's belt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corsair (Steve Schwarer)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Leia's belt Reply with quote

I'm working on making a belt for a friends Leia costume and have a couple of questions for those who have done this.

1: Are the belt plates flat or curved? I've seen the pics of the one with the ceremonial dress (the silver one) and those plates are clearly flat, but I've also seen a pic of Leia that I'd swear the plates were curved to better fit the waist. Which is it?

2: How do you attach the plates to the belt so they don't tend to turn (spin)?
I've read that you can use the button blanks as the center disk and that you just run the shank through the belt and secure it in back, but I wouldn't think that would keep the plate from being able to turn. Do you just glue it to keep it secure?

Much thanks!
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always curve the plates. It makes it much more comfortable to wear.

I attach the plates with the shank of the button. I use bobby pins to secure it to the back and then a bit of rubber cement under the plate to keep it from spinning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: