Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ecd9be1142b6de5941ae378dbc314d39Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Briefing Room into Endor Commando Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaleoLaura (Laura Smith)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Rebel Briefing Room into Endor Commando Leia Reply with quote

Since starting my Rebel Briefing Room Leia, the goal has always been to turn it into an Endor Commando Leia. My RBR was approved recently, so onto Endor Commando I go!

Front of poncho before painting. It comes to mid-thigh and just at the elbows when my arms are down. I put some interfacing on the inside where I cut the slits for the belt. Hopefully it will help it not fray too much.

Back of the poncho. It comes to my knees. I'm hoping the hood isn't too large, but at this point there isn't much I can do.

I used Design Master spray paint. Basil, Hunter Green, October Brown & Ivory. From what I've seen, Leia's poncho has more large areas of brown and hunter than the troopers.

I also painted inside since the back hangs free. I think the inside actually turned out a bit better than the outside, but what are you gonna do, right?

Also, inside the hood:

While I have the cap for the helmet, I do not have the donut part yet. I understand it's optional. If I decide to submit my costume before I get it, can I add it to my profile later?
Boudicca (Jen B)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! So glad you're doing this, and I will be following right behind you! Poncho is looking awesome! What fabric did you use?

Also, do you have a pattern for the hood or did you just wing it?
PaleoLaura (Laura Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have washed the poncho several times to fade the colors a bit, I need to post a couple of pictures. I think it looks a bit better. I might put some more greens and tans on it to help take the contrast out, especially between the brown areas and the light green. I'm struggling a bit with the color scheme since the photos of the original poncho in the costume book seem faded (shocking after 30 years!) and even the ones I saw online as screenshots don't always match each other. Even the approved costumes have such varying color schemes. What to do, what to do? Confused

The material I got at Joann's. It was 100% cotton, thick but not as thick as canvas. I swear I took a pic of the label, but can't find it for the life of me. Next time I'm near a Joann's, I'll pop in and snap a shot.

The hood was done by one of the members of my base, JediMeg, based on
http://costumekullan.blogspot.se/2014/09/endor-leia-poncho.html
and also how she made her Jedi hood. Since I won't be wearing it up, I'm hoping it's not a problem if it's a bit too big.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: