Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ee31f852a8f7c5379aa70feb7fd5ef39Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Table Volunteers Wizard World Richmond- July 31-Aug 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Table Volunteers Wizard World Richmond- July 31-Aug 2 Reply with quote

Wizard World Comic Con
Richmond 2015
July 31 - August 1-2, 2015

403 N Third St.
Richmond, VA 23219

We are teaming with Garrison Tyranus on this one since Wizard World has decided to include fan tables this year and asked us to to be a part of it. We will have a table at the con and will offer tickets to some folks who can come out and help man the table in costume. The main requirements for this are that we have someone at ALL TIMES at the table and that someone is "in costume" at the table as well. Folks will need to be willing to do 3 hours in costume at the table during the course of the day to get in free. We have a very limited number of tickets and it will be at the CO's/XO's or RL POC's discretion to give out these tickets. We will have a sign up sheet, but the breakdown is basically 2 Friday tickets, 4 Saturday tickets, 4 Sunday tickets, and 4 3day tickets (for admin/table/officers).
There will be a charge for power. We are splitting it with Garrison Tyranus, so it's only $30. If anyone getting a pass wants to contribute that would be awesome. You can paypal me at jsweb3@comcast.net
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EC587-wWtvEqi5f1MJo1Nn9XwQyvw6Z9u7dMPPmf5Ik/edit?usp=sharing

2 Friday-
Ginny Schwank

4 Saturday-
Thomas Antonio
Ginny Schwank
Rick Bouwhuis

4 Sunday-
Tony Intrabartolo

Weekend passes-
Joel Webne
John Dittmyre

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great opportunity to attend the con at no cost for a day as well as get your trooping in. There is a chance to meet LANDO CALRISSIAN and other wonderful actors as well as your fellow members of Freedom Base and Garrison Tyranus.
Regal Cinemas will also be out there and the costumes last year were a blast.
Come out and play with your RL and 501st brethern

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joel,
I bring out ANH Leia to help out a bit.
Firestorm Clan
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking with Tolga about the possibility of making a road trip down that way for the Friday slots.

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azri84 wrote:
Hey Joel,
I bring out ANH Leia to help out a bit.

Do you know which day(s)?

Jedi_Boyer wrote:
I'm talking with Tolga about the possibility of making a road trip down that way for the Friday slots.

Please let me know ASAP so that I can give those to you.
1:00pm-2:30pm
3:00pm-5pm
6pm-8pm
If you want to sign up for slots on the google docs you can or just let me know here and I can put you in.

Joel Webne
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday maybe Sunday. I already have a pass. I'll sign up soon. Cent update Google docs at work.
Firestorm Clan
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I kinda figured the Base would be all over this. May have to talk the wife out of Myrtle Beach so as to represent!
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi_Boyer wrote:

I have one more slot left on Friday and two more on Saturday.

LIVINGSOCIAL has a discount on Friday tickets if anyone needs to get some for $20

Joel Webne
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there for the entire weekend.

I'll fill in at the table as needed as best I can. I don't see too much of a problem at this point. So will plan so spend a good amount of time there each day.

I'll likely costume primarily on Saturday. More if I'm physically up to it.

Hockey Jersey the rest.

Only time I won't be available is a panel I want to be at Saturday morning.

I'll bring all the table stuff I have along with me as well including a laptop and monitor for the dual screen photos/info slideshows.

I'll also bring splitters, extension cords, and so on to make sure we have enough outlets to split and share and use, etc.

*Due to the unpredictability of my health at present (rather not go into details), I regret that my hotel room will be unavailable for others to make use of. I may need to make a quick and hasty retreat for a short time, and am making my room that private, secure space I can go to when I need it. Please make other arrangements as I am sure other people from RL or the 501st will be staying at one of the nearby hotels. I apologize, but with things the way they have been lately health wise I have to draw the line this time.*

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great John. I will need you to be there early on Friday so that we can get the table set right the way we want it so we aren't fumbling for stuff on Saturday. If you call me when you get up there I will make sure to have your pass.

As for everyone else, I will contact our POC and find out where the passes are to be picked up from.
We still need bodies for Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

Joel Webne
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate it. Right now I'm in for Sunday and still trying to work out a way for Saturday too.

I'll pay my own way so hopefully a free ticket or two will give others here a reason to come out and promote the Legion/Base!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
That's great John. I will need you to be there early on Friday so that we can get the table set right the way we want it so we aren't fumbling for stuff on Saturday. If you call me when you get up there I will make sure to have your pass.

As for everyone else, I will contact our POC and find out where the passes are to be picked up from.
We still need bodies for Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

I've got the time marked for setup if you need me there earlier than 12:45 just let me know.

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to have everything IN THE BUILDING and at the table NO LATER THAN 1PM
We can still be setting up, but the con opens at 3pm

This was just recieved to me by WW
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/wizardworld/rich15onesheet.pdf

Quote:
Load-In Times

Move-in times are listed below. During loading hours you can check in on Thursday at the loading dock. Friday you can check in either at the loading dock until 1 PM or the main entrance at the Exhibitor and Artists Registration booth all day. You will receive your exhibitor packet at the convention, which includes the information for the show. As the members of your group check in, a Wizard World staff member will put on their wristband.

After loading hours close, information and wristbands can be picked up at the Exhibitor and Artists Registration booth throughout the duration of the show. This will be under the Company Name on the registration form submitted.

Exhibitor Load-In:

THURSDAY, July 30th, 2015
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM

FRIDAY, July 31st, 2015
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM

(The back dock will close at 1 PM SHARP!)

The Convention floor opens at 3PM. I plan on getting there around 10am in order to get situated at the table get my gear in and the Tantive backdrop up behind the table.

the booth set up will be tight so my thought will be that we hang banners from the drape on the side walls and the Backdrop in the back with the table runner and gear on the table.
I am going to bring another table to put in the booth to put props and such on behind us lke helmets, blasters, etc.
Binders, tattoos, flyers etc will go on the front table along with any trading cards.
If any members want to send me trading cards to put at the table you can mail me some to my work address
Joel Webne
2201 West Broad Street, Suite 204
Richmond, Virginia 23220
and I will put them out.

thanks

Joel Webne
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring most of my stuff in on Thursday during the setup hours. Would be less to do come Friday. I can get in there get the power all divided up and get some of the table set up.

I'm aiming to be checking in between 11am-1pm Thursday. So Joel if you want after I unload my luggage n stuff at the hotel I can swing by and pick up the rest of the table stuff save the tantive backdrop, that way 99% of the table stuff is in there and we don't have to worry about anything happening that might put us in the crunch on Friday.

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon-Ari_Kenobi wrote:
I can bring most of my stuff in on Thursday during the setup hours. Would be less to do come Friday. I can get in there get the power all divided up and get some of the table set up.

I'm aiming to be checking in between 11am-1pm Thursday. So Joel if you want after I unload my luggage n stuff at the hotel I can swing by and pick up the rest of the table stuff save the tantive backdrop, that way 99% of the table stuff is in there and we don't have to worry about anything happening that might put us in the crunch on Friday.

I woudl prefer not to have anything in the building on Thursday since there will not be any foot traffic except for the crews setting up the booths and we may not have our table designation all worked out by then
I will be coming down and meeting you at the hotel on Friday morning as soon as my staff meeting lets out and then we can load everything in at the same time. I should be down there by 11:15 and then we can get it done. The only people that will be in the building on Thursday will be the building crew and very few exhibitors who have large displays.

I have extension cords, and everything else and will bring all of the backdrop stuff with me to work on Friday morning since I work 10 minutes from the convention center.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: