Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d9c99e15aea0e3e1b4baf82af1e8c71bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kidsflix Penrith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris788 (Chris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Kidsflix Penrith Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the troop report for Kidsflix Penrith, I'm your host Chris788.

You may remember me from such troop reports as Newcastle Imperial Extravaganza and Canberra Brick Expo.

Today I will be running you through the adventures we took when we visited Hoyts Cinemas at Penrith for Kidsflix, Saturday the 14th of November.

I made it to Hoyts Cinemas around 8am to be greeted buy the staff, and was shown to our dressing room (which was the staff locker room). While I waited for some more troopers to arrive, I quickly checked out the venue before kitting up.

About 8:30am the rest of the troopers started to get in, and off we went to kit up.

Troopers;
501st
Chris- Chris788- TK-ANH-S
Andrew- ARC- Officer (black)

Rebel legion
Jason- Fyr Mureys- Luke Skywalker
Geoffrey- Jedi

Wrangler
Jake- JWMines

Just before 9am, we all assembled downstairs in the foyer, where a number of people were in line for balloon weaponry and the occasional balloon flower. After 10 minutes or so, we soon knew we were in for a tough hour as children and their families were rolling in! With all the crowd that was surrounding us from all sides, the Jedi and imperial staff had to team up and brace for battle (and the occasional photograph).

As time rolled by, more and more people seemed to keep rolling into the cinemas, which kept the staff busy. As it does though, the room temperature rose, and the Stormtrooper started to struggle as the ventilation system in the kit wasn't functional. So, I done what I do best, I kicked and screamed and momentarily danced my way out of the crowd and closer to the doorway to get some airflow.

After an epic hour long battle with the small ones, victory was ours as they retreated into the cinemas with drinks and popcorn. It was shortly after this all the staff and entertainment were gathered around for group photos.

From here we went to de-kit, and as we were leaving, We were approached by the staff to thank us for our efforts and request an appearance for a future event.

Mission deemed successful!

And finally, we found a droid!

Shay Kenobi ()
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris.

Couple of things... Firstly, thanks so much for your troop report, I really enjoyed it Very Happy

Secondly, you looked fantastic, it's a great TK. The kids would have gone nuts LOL. You all looked fantastic !

Lastly, on a personal note Chris, for those who don't know, the effort you put in to get to this troop is extroidinary. I know the distance involved, and the fact that you camped half way to make this troop is simply amazing.

At a busy time of the year when people are trying to divide up their time between work commitments, family and doing great things like this to give back to the community, you really have excelled and we all thank you.

Well done mate !

Thanks also to Fyr and Geoffrey for flying the rebel flag, great work gents and Andrew and Jake for their great support of this event.

" Another happy landing "
Chris788 (Chris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words Shay, I really enjoyed this troop and I'm sure the other troopers did too! We all had a blast and the kids absolutely loved it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: