Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=249247882110dcbdb4ec0aa18b5987d5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Battlefront Midnight Launch - Broadway - 18/11/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah1968 ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Star Wars Battlefront Midnight Launch - Broadway - 18/11/15 Reply with quote

Cross post from our friends at Southern Cross Garrison:

Troop Report

Weather: Was 35 degrees all day outside, and probably the same inside...
Date/ Time: 10pm-1am

Rebel Legion:
Sez - Chewbacca
Max - Jedi
Cameron - Mando Merc

SCG Troopers:
Scott - TX
Verity - TX
Linc - Scout
Zac - Officer
Tom G - TK
Nathan - TK
Tom B - TK
Andy - TK
Hayden - Maul
Michael - Vader
Darrell - Clone

Wrangler:
Steve

SCG Cadet:
Aston Martin (yes, it's his real name Smile)

Mission Report:
Not being sure how many people were attending we basically told by EA to walk the floor and stand on the red carpet for pics, fan interaction, etc.

More and more troopers arrived and we worked out a changing location that worked for us and we begun to kit up.

As well as us the launch, it included the Sons of Obiwan doing Lightsaber demos, Masta Yoda DJ-ing, a candy stand, mocktails and a hot dog stand; there was even a Stormtrooper bucket cake for later...

Right on 10pm the crowd arrived and buzzed about the place as Chewie walked out and made her way to the red carpet for pictures much to the amazement of most of the crowd.. Shortly there after she was joined by a myriad of troopers, culminating in Lord Vader arriving to install fear in everyone. Lots of pics were had as always!

We then spent the next hour and a bit walking the area, posing for pics and enjoying the carnival atmosphere; They held a Wookiee sound off where one lucky guy walked away with a Star Wars PS4 - well he wasn't allowed to keep it until after midnight.... People keep winning things for making Wookiee noises!

Soon enough cake was had and we were down to the 30 minute mark... Sez dekitted after another mammoth effort in the heat posing with people and the rest of the troopers continued on.. By this stage it was really warm, we don't think the air con was so troopers rotated in and out of the floor area making sure we were all okay!

Sons of Obiwan did a proper display and had a mock fight which is always epic to watch.... then TKs were ushered into the store for the awarding of the first in line prize and then it came to midnight.... hoorah! Battlefront.

People got their games, we posed for more pics and were background to a couple of interviews and the night was done...everyone dekitted and we left about 1am.

Mission Status:

Complete Success....

EB and EA were both ecstatic with the turnout and all we did for the event; Snez, Craig and Josh from EA were all glowing and so so thankful for all the SCG has done for them this year and will definitely work with us again given the chance... I said keep making Star Wars games and we will keep supporting them!

Big thanks to Steve (Armer) for wrangling for us and grabbing us all water; don't know what we would have done without you man!

It was great to see the culmination of a number of supporting troops interstate also with a such big turnout of RL and 501st.... thanks to everyone!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So disapointed I could not make this one.

You guys rocked it though.

Well done
Chris788 (Chris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work!
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sez on such a great night.

Aston was really cool as well.

My mum got to see what I do and how I'm in my element and it was fantastic to share that with her.

I even suggested a possible costume design for my mum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: