Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe0ea59d52c54b9dbebba89de811e280Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Help and tips from my fellow Jedi in Echo Base!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starstone91 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Help and tips from my fellow Jedi in Echo Base! Reply with quote

Hey y'all! Happy New Year first of all! I hope everyone had an awesome and safe time! 2016 here we come =]

Now to get down to business....I'm finally almost done piecing together my Jedi wardrobe. I'm loosely basing it off of the Jedi Healers found in the Old Republic. I found the reference PDF on this forum..
here is the link.....https://img1.etsystatic.com/102/0/24991800/icm_fullxfull.74432723_glctxbshmzso0gww4ogc.pdf

Anyways, it was recommended that I just keep you guys updated because as you all probably know, you guys are chock full of helpful advice and tips!

By the way, if this is the right place in the forum to post this I apologize. This is my first post after all lol.

So without further adieu......Here is my costume sans the belt which is being made right now and the boots! (If you guys have any helpful advice for a fellow Jedi lady and finding boots I will greatly appreciate it)

This link should take you to the album!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleestarstone/shares/597745

Okay so this is my first time trying on the outfit fyi, so don't mind the minor wrinkles and sheer excitement in my face. hah. I also had some trouble figuring out how the pieces were supposed to lay so once again any advice on that would be perfect.

Someone suggested the Marlo Riding boots form Target which are these....http://www.target.com/p/women-s-marlo-riding-boots-merona/-/A-17411913

Does anyone know if these are approved?

Once again, thank you all for the help and I make this journey towards the rebel legion!
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Help and tips from my fellow Jedi in Echo Base! Reply with quote

Starstone91 wrote:
...Here is my costume sans the belt which is being made right now and the boots! (If you guys have any helpful advice for a fellow Jedi lady and finding boots I will greatly appreciate it)

This link should take you to the album!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleestarstone/shares/597745

Okay so this is my first time trying on the outfit fyi, so don't mind the minor wrinkles and sheer excitement in my face. hah. I also had some trouble figuring out how the pieces were supposed to lay so once again any advice on that would be perfect.

Welcome! And yes, this is the place to post if you're in Echo Base. Wink

The muted blue fabrics are fine. Good balance of shades.

I'd have to see LRFB full-length pics (like your last one) to really evaluate the costume.

- The sleeves are a good length and fullness.
- The outer tunic is a good length.
- Tabards are good, as they come to or go past the OT hem. I would need to see additional back and side pics.

I would recommend putting in a dog-leg tuck in the tabards, where they go under the obi. This will help them meet in the front above the waist, so they follow the same line as your collar, but then they will hang straight down below the obi (...as they are now, they would cross over each other if brought together). Does that make sense? Just enough of a dart to adjust the angle so they hang straight down below the obi.

Looks good otherwise.

Then add your belt (the same color as your boots), food capsules, pouches, and a Covertec clip.

Starstone91 wrote:

Someone suggested the Marlo Riding boots form Target which are these....http://www.target.com/p/women-s-marlo-riding-boots-merona/-/A-17411913

Does anyone know if these are approved?

The boots will be fine. The zipper is on the inside and does not draw attention to itself, and the buckle is a low-profile, non-deco one.

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Legion Costume Judge
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base Captain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: