Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e0c19ade9d40b05f492adf606613a5dfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2/5-7/16 Star City Anime; Roanoke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
Red5momWed Dec 16, 2015 4:28 am
Jon-Ari_KenobiMon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 am
Colt45Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:48 pm
twilekjediSun Jan 31, 2016 4:49 pm
silentFri Feb 05, 2016 6:51 pm
Bouri-PlwelMon Jan 04, 2016 4:11 am
Ami-Lyn KelFri Feb 05, 2016 4:39 pm
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: 2/5-7/16 Star City Anime; Roanoke Reply with quote

Yep its back again!

Star City Anime's 2nd annual convention

February 5-7, 2016

Holiday Inn Roanoke- Valley View
3315 Ordway Drive
Roanoke, VA

I will be attempting to get us table space and changing area etc. etc.

Will post more info as I get it, but wanted to get the dates and location out asap.

Unfortunately all the convention rate rooms are all gone. They kinda snuck this one up on me was watching for the hotel link for a while and then stopped cause life distracted me elsewhere and then I come back and boom there it is, rooms are gone Confused

Rooms are still available at the hotel for 115.00 a night and there are other hotels close by such as a Courtyard.

They moved from the Sheraton due to the poor treatment they received (just like Shevacon ironically).

Anyways those are the dates and like I said once I get more info you shall have it!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Room Rates have been updated at the hotel starting at 98.00 a night

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to attend on Saturday although, I cannot confirm this until a bit closer to the date. Will we have a room available again for changing and bin storage?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get with them to make sure we have everything we need, they should provide a changing area like last year

Red5mom (Devon Meyers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Just a few questions Reply with quote

John I can be there Friday and Saturday. Do you have the table location? And is there anything I should know or do to help? I'm a newbie ya know. I can't make it Sunday.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday won't be a full day anyways so don't worry about it

As for the table location I won't find that out til I get there, so just keep an eye out for me in either my costume or my Rebel Legion Hockey Jersey

When not in costume just have a star wars shirt or attire to wear if possible, if not then just plain colors

at present it looks like it will be me, you Cami, and her husband Brian on Saturday.

The longer you can stay in costume the better, but I totally understand if you need to dress down, I know from personal experience.

as for the table if you wish to bring anything to put on display that is either costumes your working on (components and such) or anything like that feel free to

There will always be someone at the table, so if say Cami and Brian want to wander then at least either me or you need be at the table

Biggest rule is to make sure you follow the wishes of someone who has props or anything on the table, in most cases don't let anyone handle anything that's not yours, if the owner is nearby they can be asked, but approval should come from the owner

The tables will shut down somewhere between 6 and 7pm each evening (same as the vendor hall if we're not in it)

Potentially Saturday, we'll team up with the 501st for dinner somewhere

that will wrap up the weekend pretty much, Sunday I'll be packing up the table around noon the con will close down by 3 or 4

Red5mom (Devon Meyers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Sounds fun Reply with quote

I will have 'Link' and the 'Jedi Mermaid' with me on Saturday.

Awesome - thanks so much. My costume is pretty comfortable so I will be wearing it both days. We might come out Sunday as well. I hate to leave you alone with tear down. I don't have any current projects in the works just in my head. I am getting ready to make a General Leia. But I can bring my laptop if that helps. I could also make up some paper craft holocrons too.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just got something I want to toss onto the agenda for the con weekend

Quote:

(from facebook)
Hi guys this is Katie! She is my daughters class mate, and she has leukemia. My daughter is miss layla rose, the recipient of the traveling armor. Layla has stood up for Katie in school and become a good friend. Her homework is to make a card for Katie as Katie is having a bone marrow procedure done. She won't be in school for a looooong time. The reason I am posting is, in Star Wars fan fashion, we would like to go beyond a card. We would like you to take a picture with a bucket, or lightsaber, or full blown costume and hold a sign that says "courage for Katie" to show that all of layla's friends, all of the people that rallied around layla, have Katie's back. You can message me your picture and I will print it and make a collage to send off the Katie. Thank you so much!

I've asked my sister to do a quick poster board with the message on it, and we'll take individual photos and one big group photo on Saturday

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a small con and obviously its focus is on anime but a number of its guests are cosplayers and so they welcome our presence, especially since it is relatively new. Our table at this event won't be as elaborate as, say, at Air & Scare. Mostly we hang out there, answer questions from passers-by, recruit when someone seems interested in joining, and look fabulous! John usually has informational flyers and a book with all the costume standards. Sometimes we get folks interested in having us come out to their events (other small cons, library events) as well. Can give them the RL website info and have them put in a formal request. Tell them it's always best to get the request in sooner rather than later. Also it is good to mention that we all do this on our spare time and we are all from different areas (i.e., this is not our job and we don't necessarily live nearby), so we cannot guarantee that we will be able to go to all requested events, but the earlier they put in the request the easier it is for members to plan to be there. We often get birthday party requests but we usually do not participate in those except in certain circumstances (child with life-threatening illness, etc.).

Otherwise, this is a pretty low-key event. As John mentioned, if someone has props/costume items on the table, we all just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get mishandled or that they sprout legs and walk away. We sometimes will look out for the 501st's table too, when they need, and vice versa.

John, I heard about Katie, too! That would be awesome.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Devon!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come find the table and/or me when you arrive I have badges for everyone who signed up. Anyone else who shows will get the whole weekend @ 20.00$

Red5mom (Devon Meyers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Tickets Reply with quote

We already bought advance badges for this con. Wish I had known about the $20 thing. Oh Well it's all good.[/i]
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, awesome! Thanks, John.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Red5mom (Devon Meyers)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Death March Banner Reply with quote

John, that banner is awesome....and so true. Are you sharing it other Death March participants?
silent ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea where the tables for rebel legion and 501 are John? Good chance I am coming and wanting to see if I should bring the ice vest or if we are near any doors
Chewbacca-work in progress
silent ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife woke up not feeling well this morning, I may not make it
Chewbacca-work in progress
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: