Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cc67b51a4caa8b238c553d1137ef249cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebels Ahsoka WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rifleman ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Rebels Ahsoka WIP Reply with quote

My wife has decided that she needs to cancel out the dark side that I bring to troops with my Darth Vader costume, and she feels that a Rebels Ahsoka costume would be the best way to do that. The fact that Ahsoka is our 4 year olds absolute favorite Star Wars character may also have an influence on her decision to build the Ahsoka costume.

This thread will document our efforts to build this costume. Any feedback or advice that anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.

From studying pictures of Ahsoka, I am breaking her costume up into the following components

Headpiece - still need
Chest Armor - still need
Wrist Armor - still need
Hand Armor - still need
Hip, groin and butt armor - still need
shin armor - still need
Boots - still need
Belt/armor support - still need
Shirt - still need
Sleves - still need
Pants - still need
Boots - still need
Lightsabers - 3d Printed - In Progress
Makeup -still need
Rifleman ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every project has to start somewhere. A co-worker of mine happens to have a 3d printer. Here is the first part of the costume. Tonight I am going to start assembling, filling, and sanding it, and he is going to print off the shorter saber. We got this model off of thingiverse, and modified it a bit to make it actually work for this use. I need to either brush up on 123D to make the hard armor parts, or find a pre-existing model to use. I think 3d printing has alot of potential for this build, particularly for the wrist, hand, hip, groin and butt armor.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile 3D printing is fun and full of possibilities.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
GoldenCat (Anastasia)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow) Nice Lightsaber hilt)) I look forward for more updates Smile
Rifleman ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making good progress on creating a 3d model for the hip, groin and butt armor. Hopefully I will have something to show off pretty soon. I am torn between 3d printing and worbla for chest plate, what do you guys/girls think would provide the best result?
Code Violet ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropping in to say you're saber WIP looks amazing! I was actually so inspired that I'm having my cousin 3D print a pair for me right now! I even used your remix on Thingiverse! Thanks for uploading it and I hope you continue to share- I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Rifleman ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code Violet wrote:
Just dropping in to say you're saber WIP looks amazing! I was actually so inspired that I'm having my cousin 3D print a pair for me right now! I even used your remix on Thingiverse! Thanks for uploading it and I hope you continue to share- I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks! I will always share any 3d files I make for my costumes. While I do sell some parts on my e-commerce store (http://riflemanprops.tictail.com/), I do this as a service to those without printers. Pricing is set by what my co-worker with the printer charges me, plus a small service fee for myself to cover paypal fees and packing materials and give me a few bucks to cover the time it takes me to run it to the post office. None of us are in this hobby to make money, and if sharing files for free helps others out, I am happy to do it. Once my other Ahsoka costume models are done, I will put them on thingiverse for free, and will sell printed out copies for those without a printer as well.

Checkout my estore with some of the parts I sell : http://riflemanprops.tictail.com/
Code Violet ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rifleman wrote:

Thanks! I will always share any 3d files I make for my costumes. While I do sell some parts on my e-commerce store (http://riflemanprops.tictail.com/), I do this as a service to those without printers. Pricing is set by what my co-worker with the printer charges me, plus a small service fee for myself to cover paypal fees and packing materials and give me a few bucks to cover the time it takes me to run it to the post office. None of us are in this hobby to make money, and if sharing files for free helps others out, I am happy to do it. Once my other Ahsoka costume models are done, I will put them on thingiverse for free, and will sell printed out copies for those without a printer as well.

You're awesome!! If I had known you were offering to sell 3D printed models of the hilts, I would have bought them from you instead of bothering my cousin for them! I'll definitely be outsourcing to you to get the armor pieces when you're able to do that! Thanks so much for being so open to helping other costumers Very Happy Unfortunately I think you're wrong about others in the hobby- I think a lot of people would love to turn a huge profit on making props/costume accessories for others...you're a real team player!
Rifleman ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to make some yoga mat shin guards, will post pictures of they turn out halfway decent.

Checkout my estore with some of the parts I sell : http://riflemanprops.tictail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: