Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f816d7753d8c50221bfe72766fb195e2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Vest--is white webbing allowed to connect front to back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Vest--is white webbing allowed to connect front to back? Reply with quote

Im planning my vest and belt build so I can at least move forward on parts of this. I have my Ywingfighter Frank helmet and box in hand, they just need assembly and paint. Pageboy will come later. And all the other bits and pieces will come as well.

To my question, I see that in several screenshots there are pilots walking around that have a square backed vest that is connected to the front via 2" webbing, ostensibly white webbing.

Ive been reading the WIPs threads, and see that it looks like Pilot Cadets are doing the "whole vest" connected front to back, like here:

Does that make this an abberation? I have another, better pic somehwere that I cant find of a pilot walking with just an ANH15, no helmet, with a square back vest connected to the front by webbing. Its likely the same pilot as seen here:

I will be constructing 3 A wings at the same time for DragonSnake so I want to keep everyone consistent.

Whats the judges call on the construction of the vests?
Bell (Ashley)
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the A-wing pilot with the white strips is actually wearing a B-wing flak vest.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell is correct. The vest with the square back and white side straps is a B-wing pilot flak vest. The A-wing pilot vest back kind of looks more like a sleeveless shirt... sort of.

Things were wonky for background pilots in RotJ. There's a B-wing pilot wearing an X-wing pilot helmet, an A-wing pilot with a B-wing pilot flak vest, there's even an A-wing pilot with a B-wing pilot chestbox...

Here's another shot of the back of the A-wing pilot vest... Though it's rather blurry. It's from Star Wars: Rebel Assault II.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys things make total sense now!
Glad i asked first, and also clarified the B wing as well for when i make it.

Wonkydelic backgrounds. Where would we be without them?
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, BOTH vest types are accepted for A-wing pilots since they're both seen on screen.

Princess Sandy ()
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find, Dewka!
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
Actually, BOTH vest types are accepted for A-wing pilots since they're both seen on screen.

Yay!
(because I made the rest of our squadron's vests with the white webbing. It's a nice day for white webbing.... Its a nice day to NOT start again... Haha)

So much easier to adjust with the webbing version. Unless you make the all-gray version with hidden adjustment under the arms...
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Omega.Mando ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the WHite Webbing Rule Still Apply? I know this thread is a few years old..
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still applies until the standards are updated. The white webbing on the vest isn't accurate for an A-wing pilot, the A-wing pilots with that are actually wearing a B-wing pilot flak vest, which you can tell by the squared back and thinner shoulder straps (and the white webbing side straps, of course), but until the standards are updated you can still have white webbing side straps on your flak vest.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: