Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=599b0aa89e30573f81e6b1a20bc17d00Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CAP Expo - Saturday 19th March 2016, Canberra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: CAP Expo - Saturday 19th March 2016, Canberra Reply with quote

Tython Troop Report

Event: CAP Expo - http://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/wac/community/connect-and-participate-expo

Date/ Time: Saturday 19th March 2016, 11am to 4pm (plus set up etc).

Weather: Gorgeous sunshiny and mild Canberra Autumn day. Not too hot and not too cold, just right.

Legionaries:
Rebels:
Sarah Hillier (Sarah1968) - Chewbacca
Sair Steele – (Sair) - Wrangling.

501st Southern Cross Garrison:
Rin Green (RainbowRin)
Andrew Price (Andylah)
Andrew Crick ( ARC)
Chris Stewart (Chris788)
Jade Vee Dub (Felix )
Tony Armriding (Gingerchef73) ID-26073
Amy Armriding (MidnightQueen92) ID-28592
Tiggles (TigglesToggles) ID-71665
Matt Stabby (MaxximusStabby) CC-51010
Jason Feldner (Harley Vader) 88871
Damian MacTavish (Wedge_b5) TB-29573
Andrew Piper (Piper211) TD-10692
Robert Swan (Girgam) ID-13705
Ian Naden (Sith Lord) TK-11409
Karl Tyler (Killa k9) TK-24471
Toby Shorter (Spiritblade) TX-8654
Travis Kirk (Grgic) 5943
Scott (Mynock )ID - 81176

(will update with more info from SCG).

Wranglers: Myself, Linc Green (Rev), Skate Murray ()

Photographer – Mick Ferris (Ghostbat)

Mission Report:

The CAP EXPO is a community event that showcases the huge range of clubs, community groups and opportunities available for Canberrans of all abilities and ages to join and build social connections around common interests. These include sport and recreation groups, arts & craft, music, leisure, cultural, performing arts, hobby, social and ‘special interest’ groups. Was a great place to share our love of all things Star Wars and try and recruit some new members.

The official troop started at 11am but my SCG mates were there nice and early to set up our display of a couple of tables, shelving unit filled with Helmets and a few banners and table runners.

Most of the day was spent interacting with the public, answering questions about what we do and lots of walks around the 2 levels of the markets, plus the outdoor display areas. We stopped and posed with lots of the public as well as many of the other exhibitors and community groups.

The Canberra Flydog Club loved a photo they got with a Stormie last year and they have been using it and displaying it in their clubhouse all year. They brought all of their dogs around for a large group photo together which everyone absolutely loved because most of us are animal mad.
We also had one of the choirs sing Tiggles Happy Birthday which she was extremely embarrassed about but luckily she’s still talking to all of us (I know there is a video floating around, will see if I can get a copy to post for your amusement).

Here are a bunch of photos from the day, including my best painting efforts to date. A portrait of Linc, Sez and Andy painted on a fabric mural under the theme of ‘What you like to do with your friends’.

Sair

Last edited by Sair (Sarah Steele) on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Archivist32 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sair,
Thanks for the report. I wish I could have been there working the crowd too. Had to work though :-( but I am looking forward to the next social event though!

Cheers

Archvist32

Cosplay takes you from the ordinary to the extrodinary.

2019 - 8 Troops
Obickay ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great weekend, and good to catch up with the Canberra folks
Sarah1968 ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

Thanks Sair Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: