Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b9baf7d6d9ea55b08dafd611809e3983Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

DW2016. The final one ever!!! Important!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Hoth Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apok ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: DW2016. The final one ever!!! Important!!! Reply with quote

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror."

Ladies and gentlemen of the Garrison the time has come where we are no longer allowed to host our largest event in the Southern Hemisphere at Dreamworld.

This will be the last DW event this year. There will be no DW2017. DW2016 is going to be the last time we will hold this event.

We all knew this would eventually happen, that DW events were on borrowed time. To be honest, we have held this event 7 times more than we thought we would have been able to.

As of 10.30am this morning, I received a phone call from Disney/LFL head office in America. With great regret they informed me that we will only be able to hold this event this year and no longer. Ironically, it has been our success and the way in which we have handled this event over the years that brought us to the attention of Disney. They are actually impressed with what we have achieved and created over the years.

However, no matter how much they love what we have created, it does not remove the fact that we have been running this event at an opposition theme park. For the past 18 months this has been in discussion at Disney head office and since DW2015 this event has been discussed heavily as to whether or not to continue to let us host this amazing event. It fell to the not side.

What does this mean for us this year?

It means we go out on the biggest high we possible can. We are bringing every back drop we have. We are coming in record numbers. We have international and a truck load of interstate troopers coming. We have the best opportunity to show Disney how to host an event like this and host it better than they can. We will get video footage, edit it into an awesome video and send it to them, showing them how great we do things here in Australia.

Over the weekend all the same rules apply. Just because this is the last one is no reason to go and do stupid things. We are still representing the 501st, RL, MMs and GAs. DW are still the hosts and they still have licensing and safety requirements that we have to and will follow. Do not ruin this by being a numbskull.

So if you were on the fence about attending and thinking you will just do it next year, think again. There is no next year folks. So you cadets get cracking with your armour and finish it. For anyone that is interstate and thought next year is the go.....better book that ticket now.

I wish I could have given you all more notice. Kev Vader and myself have been fighting the good fight for a while now as things were getting iffy and the axe finally got dropped.

This will be the last group photo.
The last parade.
The last Jedi Academy.
The last Motocoaster ride.
The last Sith vs Jedi.
The last DW.

Let's go out there folks and show the world just how good this event is and raise a truckload of money for TLC.

Roll on DW2016. Roll on.

Cheers all
Apok
Redback Garrrison
GCO

PS The Saturday night mixer info will be posted tomorrow. Just about to confirm all the details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Hoth Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: