Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1589479fc3ec232ef068963a3fee7dbfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rey Costume Standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaded_Me ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Rey Costume Standards Reply with quote

Hello,

Anyone have any Rey standards, or am I just not seeing the threads? I am specifically interested in the wristband and the face mask (eye mask).

Anyone have tutorials for the wristband and face mask?

Jaded_me
Anne Stardust (Anne-Marie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Rey Costume Standards Reply with quote

Good morning Jaded_me,

The standards are in the threads so you may have already found it by now. Here are the proposed standards that were sent to me by one of the Rey judges:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73190

Here is a link for the bracer:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423408802447221751/

The face mask is on I will be working on soon. Here is a thread I found on this forum by someone who just built them:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73278

Good luck!
Anne Stardust
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I was so looking for the same thing a few hours ago, thanks for posting

Ahsoka Tano

ashleyofnaboo ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a hand made for sale costume that looks really really accurate...may I post a link to it and maybe someone can give it a thumbs up or down?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, post it and I can look at it. It is best to compare it to the reference photos from the judges. You can see them in the link I posted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271087702/star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-adult?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=rey%20costume&ref=sr_gallery_19

This one says it's up to RL standards.

This next one looks pretty good, too.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/266735110/rey-cosplay-complete-outfit-custom-made?ref=shop_home
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is close but the sleeves of the shirt are wrong. They need to be capped. Also the bracer needs to be the same color as the belt and it is much darker. One of the main things to consider is the length of the wraps. This depends on your height. They must fall below the knee but above the boots. I don't see where it lists what is included with this costume. The bag is not shown and that is a required component of the costume. I would be careful with someone claiming it is made to Rebel Legion specs unless is it a member selling an already approved costume that was worn by them personally.

The second costume is good but the bracer is off. It is only one color and needs to be two toned. This shirt looks good and has the correct sleeves.The wraps need to be a bit more grey. That can be fixed with a bit of dye. Again, the wraps need to be customized based on your height. You can order them long and just cut off what is needed. Better to be too long than too short. Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the input!

I did read further on in the second one and they say that the wraps can be made in grey, too. I'm pretty sure they take measurements and adjust accordingly. I would hope they would for $265.00!

Iwill ask them about the bracer...and if they can't, I made my own that ended up being two-toned because I flipped the leather vinyl around when I glued the two pieces together Smile
Jaded_Me ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the RL community is always amazing. Thank you for the feedback!

Jaded_me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: