Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7b3a5f8e1e2f039b6a0ec4010e67e6aaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Ben Kenobi Tunic pictorial observations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoabiWan (Alan Bell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Kenobi wrote:
I found my information. The fabric store is King Textiles in Toronto. They have a website. Good luck.

Ben

Thanks for that info, I'll go check it out now.
Ben
BoabiWan (Alan Bell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Hows things with you?

Awakening this thread again, as after trooping in my costume a few times, I have decided to make & apply the patches.

For this I have a rough mid brown colored Burlap fabric & I am planning on using threads from it to sew the patches in place with.

My question now is roughly what dimensions would these be. As I don't want to go cutting my robes until I'm semi certain of this & position.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

M.T.F.B.W.Y

Al.
Ben
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully I haven't built up the nerve to cut into my silk costume yet but I am getting close. I have played around with some scrap silk for the shoulder patch. I think I have the dimensions I want on my costume but you may want to play with it some in case you are larger or smaller framed than me. I would suggest cutting out the patches from scrap material of a color close to the patches based on what you see in all the pics we have posted in the forum tutorials. Lay them against the costume while wearing it and have someone take pictures. That way you can play with the dimensions until you think it is right proportionately for you. I have attached a couple of pics of the cutout I did on scrap silk and laid a ruler over it so you can see what I am thinking for mine.

Good luck. Paul

BoabiWan (Alan Bell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Kenobi wrote:
Truthfully I haven't built up the nerve to cut into my silk costume yet but I am getting close. I have played around with some scrap silk for the shoulder patch. I think I have the dimensions I want on my costume but you may want to play with it some in case you are larger or smaller framed than me. I would suggest cutting out the patches from scrap material of a color close to the patches based on what you see in all the pics we have posted in the forum tutorials. Lay them against the costume while wearing it and have someone take pictures. That way you can play with the dimensions until you think it is right proportionately for you. I have attached a couple of pics of the cutout I did on scrap silk and laid a ruler over it so you can see what I am thinking for mine.

Good luck. Paul

Hi Paul,

Don't know why, but I am just seeing this now. Hah.
I still haven't had the 'courage' to cut into my robes to do this, And due to the 'great' Irish weather, we've had this year I have only been trooping wearing my cloak, so it's not been a major concern. I did read somewhere recently though; that the patches were actually embroidered on top of the tunic.

Also, I have noticed from troopng, that the bottom half of the tunic seems very light, if there is any kind of wind happening. Which is making me wonder was the screen costume lined. Have you lined yours?

Hope all is good with you my fellow Jedi.
MTFBWY,

Al.
Ben
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also read the part about the embroidered patches. There aren't enough closeup pics of the patches to really know for sure. I would have to try both. Either way I haven't done the patches on my costume yet.

As to the robe being lined...I haven't seen anything in pics to know. Mine is not lined.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: