Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=671819510053d4faf7f14a86749fdb5dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TaraLin - Ahsoka Tano - WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaraLin ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: TaraLin - Ahsoka Tano - WIP Reply with quote

Hello!
My name is Zuzka alias Tara-Lin. I am from Czech republic and I am currently working on Ahsoka Tano season 3-5 costume.
I am making this post mainly because I hope that it can help someone with their progress one day, just like other posts helped me. Smile

I've started my Ahsoka just before the premiere of TFA, it was very rushed and not so good (especially the Lekku). Here is a comparison of my old Ahsoka (the rushed version) and my current Ahsoka that is still WIP and few pieces are still missing

The Lekku was probably the hardest part. The first I have ever made was from craft foam. For my second try I followed this tutorial by Jedimanda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5NKMmZeK0c[/url]
I made my own pattern and followed all the other steps. I still don't have the crystals (they fell off and I wasn't satisfied with them) and padawans braid (it fell off with the crystals). I wanted them to be attached by magnets but that idea hadn't work out pretty well and I still hope I will find the way to attach them other than just glue them, I would really want them to be removable.

Now I must redo all the things I am not satisfied with or the things that don't meet the standards.

- I have allready resew the tunic so it fits me better (material - suede)
- I made entire new belt and tabard, but I think I must darken the belts and redo once more the belt clip (materials: belt - leather, belt clip- EVA, pouch - faux leather, tabard - hand painted faux leather)

tabard then and now:

So.. here is the list of other things I still have to do:
- Make the necklace
- Buy shoes in matching color
- Redo all the buckles
- Darken the belt, get the foodcaps and buy the second covertec ( From where do you buy yours? )
- Make the crystals and padawans braid
- Finish the second lightsaber (I have one from ultrasabers but I am building myself the other one)
- Maybe redo the armbands, but I still hope they will be good enough. The are made from faux leather and inside them is an elastic band so they don't move and fit well... but the symbols on them don't stand out that well because of that.
- Buy a bold cap (I am temporarily using ordinary swimming cap Very Happy as you can see here: )

So yeah.. that is probably all Very Happy I appreciate every advice and opinion. Thank you all so much for reading Smile
GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it so far, I'd suggest making the dress longer as it is more like a mini dress then a tunic. Other then that Loving the progress so far!
Snips_Ire ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: TaraLin - Ahsoka Tano - WIP Reply with quote

TaraLin wrote:

So.. here is the list of other things I still have to do:
- Make the necklace
- Buy shoes in matching color
- Redo all the buckles
- Darken the belt, get the foodcaps and buy the second covertec ( From where do you buy yours? )
- Make the crystals and padawans braid
- Finish the second lightsaber (I have one from ultrasabers but I am building myself the other one)
- Maybe redo the armbands, but I still hope they will be good enough. The are made from faux leather and inside them is an elastic band so they don't move and fit well... but the symbols on them don't stand out that well because of that.
- Buy a bold cap (I am temporarily using ordinary swimming cap Very Happy as you can see here: )

Your headpiece is amazing!!

I got my covertec clips and food capsules from www.jedi-robe.com they're based in UK so better shipping than the US.

And I think you might have to do something about the armbands since the shapes are not really right. I just fasten mine with velcro and have fashion tape on the inside to help them stay up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: