Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=70e2d4e758b10c0181770e2332dff1ccMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Tano WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck. And it's good to see you are in good hands when it comes to help and inspiration. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Littletacogirl ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, It nice to have the extra help and feedback! Im think im going to take a little break on the head dress stuff and finish the rest of the build!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows everything looking? Any updates?
ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooh, thank-you for the links; they are most helpful. I'd like to do a Togruta someday (not Ahoska) and the tutorials are very helpful.

Past wrote:
The headpiece tends to be the hardest part of this costume! I think you’re on the right path tho c:

Have you seen Jedimanda’s video tutorial? She makes a foam base before covering it with fabric and liquid latex. The foam helps with having a ‘fuller’ shape. (She’s making a rebels version of the headpiece in her video, but the same concepts can be applied to a clone wars version)

Many people have used this technique and have gotten very good result (I believe this is what ahsoka84 used for her headpiece too). The cost of material is also very reasonable (you only need mattress foam, stuffing, stretchy fabric and latex)

A variant of this same tutorial is using a vinyl fabric instead of latex (Narayu is currently making a built using this)

I’m really interested in seeing how this turn out and I’ll keep an eye on your built!

Good luck with everything c:

(And now this made me want to finish my own foam headpiece...)

Your focus determines who you are.
Littletacogirl ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.....

Sorry I have been absent lately I have made some progress
I have finished my belts tabbard and bracers pictures to come later

I had enough of the costume done to wear it to steel city comic con on Saturday. Although some of the parts were kind of make shift and I will have to remake them and fix some parts before I turn the costume in for approval.

I had a blast and i got a lot of compliments and it felt really good to wear it. I only had a couple of issues.

I still have a good bit of work a head of me but here is one photo from the con.

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good start. Smile

I can see you haven't got the halfchaps and guantlets done yet, so good luck with them. Do you have the short boots ready to go under the halfchaps?

Your armbands also looks much darker than the dress, but they should be easy to change.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: