Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=117dc19bed32529360a503f5b3a330bbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin and Obi-Wan OT Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlemagne (Charli)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Anakin and Obi-Wan OT Question Reply with quote

Hello!

In the process of working out the details for an Anakin and Obi-Wan costume set for my partner and I, and I recalled something I had read in regards to generic Jedi standards.

Quoted from the Standards, "OTs are generally made in a fashion where there is a full skirt (attached to the main body of the OT) where the seam is hidden by the obi."

Does this also apply to the outer tunics for Anakin and Obi-Wan? I should specify, the Anakin costume is from the Clone Wars series, and Obi-Wan is RotS.
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that part of the standard is actually based on the Obi Wan tunic. The tutorial on making the tunics makes a pretty good looking Obi Wan.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out these 2 pics of obi-wan.
http://www.thebuzzonhr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Obi-Wan-Kenobi.jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6400000/Obi-Wan-and-Anakin-obi-wan-kenobi-6436488-1379-2126.jpg
note the direction of the 'grain' in the tunic fabric.. in the front .. and on the sides.

the fabric grain is perfectly vertical in the front of the costume... but the sides 'flare' out to create that angle you see in the photos.
this is what is meant by, "the skirt".

basically it just gives more room in the thigh-area , so the actors can move their legs Razz

these observations-of-jedi-attire COME FROM photos of obi-wan (and anakin) Razz
so, short answer: yes -- it applies to face characters; not just generics.
(in fact , it applies to face characters moreso than generics).

is anyone going to measure the angles on your construction seams to confirm you have a 'skirt'.. NO. Razz
the judges will look at photos of your costume, with you in it, and either it "fits you" or it doesn't.

(people who are more 'barrel shaped' don't even need it, for example).

cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: