Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db2083c1f33f7d7f0d7745bdd419f71fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

How I built a Fizzz Instrument for the Bith Cantina Band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vancouvertrooper ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: How I built a Fizzz Instrument for the Bith Cantina Band Reply with quote

A quick tutorial on how I built my Fizzz Instrument played by Doikk Na'ts of the Cantina Band.

Basic ingredients are:

1" PVC Piping (two sections) @ Home Depot
Wooden dowel @ Home Depot
Adhesive metal foil @ Michaels
Adhesive black leather-look drawer covers @ Home Depot
One side end of an oven rack @ Home Depot
gold metallic spray paint @ Home Depot
Sink stopper @ Home Depot
4 - Moen Drain covers @ Home Depot
3 - Silver Bachelor Buttons @ Dollar Store / Fabric store
Black Electical Tape @ Home Depot

Some samples of what I started with. I ended up taking the vinyl tubing back to the store. PVC measurements are to taste, but I did use the length of the black tack roll to make it easy to cover. The oven rack edge was cut using bolt cutters and then spray painted brass colour.

In this pic I started wrapping the wooden dowel with the foil I picked up at Michaels.
Then I cut the black leather like drawer mac-tac paper for the longer piece of PVC.

In this pic I cutout the metal Moen strainer parts. I used metal snips and test fitted to see how they would look like.

Once all the black wrap is on the PVC and the dowel is inserted it should look like this:

Ok now the tricky part. Aligning the holes for the oven edge to slide in.
The easiest thing to do is make wider holes on the wooded dowel and more precision holes on the PVC.
You'll notice I cut off one of the pegs of the oven rack in order to not make a hole in the foiled wrap section of the dowel.

Use the electrical tape to build up the ends for the metal strainers to fit snug, then trim off any excess.

Next I inserted the sink stopper at the bottom of the Fizzz and left it chrome, and added 3 bachelor buttons on the front of the instrument by simply drilling holes and inserting them.

Fully assembled it should look something like this.
Hope this helps others!

chekur6 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awesome, you should get a few others and put a band together.
vancouvertrooper ()

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did form a band!
There are 6 of us building the character.
Can't wait for everyone's build to be finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: