Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f82dd42b781ccbb0143e2c5ebe4aac24Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

First Generic Jedi Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattnelson521 (Matthew Nelson)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: First Generic Jedi Build Reply with quote

So this will be my first Jedi Build. For about the last 2 weeks or so i have been doing some research trying to decided on what i want to do, how i want to do it, and what i need to do to get approved. I'm still in the planning stage but here we go.

So for my Generic Jedi Build i wanted something a little different then what i see out there. Add in a little color and look for fabrics other then just basic cottons.

So this is the design that i'm thinking of going with. Colors are a little off but i think everyone will get the general look im going for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that the basic look is set i have started looking for fabrics. to start with i was thinking of finding a good Robe fabric. I found 3 different ones that look promising although all of them are about 52in wide and i would like to make this robe without having to attached more fabric.

Here is those 3 fabricsa

I think i like one on the far right the best
Lauphen_Staar (Emma)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking great so far!! I agree with you, the far right one looks really good. I love the texture of it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its really nice my only issue is the place i found it at only sells it at a 60" width and I would like to make the Robe without having that seam in the middle of the arm. I'm going to see if i can find it wider then that.
Templarmkiii ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some input on the seam part:

You could avoid the seam on the arms by moving it to the center of the body (so the whole thing is now 120" and you cut down from there) or you could do traditional sleeve seams like a shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats another good option. I would have to look for fabric that wide. I might start with the Robe until i do some more research on the tunic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: