Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e783e06a59ed2cdbc1dcef9a6a9e2032Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROTJ Mon Mothma, WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QueenoftheGirlScouts ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: ROTJ Mon Mothma, WIP Reply with quote

I sort of have to do one of these threads to keep myself accountable considering the timeline I want this completed in.

I also want to make sure I'm staying accurate and not going off on what I might want it to look like and what it actually should look like.

Please excuse the fabric choices. It was the longest whole piece of fabric I had on hand that I was okay using for a practice garment. The weight and appearance is not what it should be, but it gave me an idea of how much fabric I would need to work with.

I think I will end up lining it completely but I haven't shopped for fabric yet so that might change.

I know the picture are great representations since the weight is off, but does anyone have any advice or concerns they see?
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you've got a great start on figuring out the silhouette.

I'm going to move this thread over to Alliance Officers, as Mon Montma is not a senator during ROTJ.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
QueenoftheGirlScouts ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for moving the topic!
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Great to see another Mon Mothma. Lovely choice.

It's always hard when the practice fabric is not the right weight.

Please look over the ROTJ standard here:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61807

The first thing is the length of the top. It should be about the knee length and the sleeves will hang at almost the same length not longer like yours.

I can't see the shoulders but the rope necklace is held in place by a jewel and you'll see that it covers another section where they've pulled the sleeve up to create another fold.

But definitely on the right track. Welcome to our little corner of the galaxy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: