Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f3ed5e7e4301cf6942bcdd00a8f8821eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

RFT Pike Weapon - request for info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Weapons of RAID
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TFS (Tom Schobert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: RFT Pike Weapon - request for info Reply with quote

I turn to the Rebel Legion for advice and assistance. My wife is interested in doing a RFT build, but since she has some minor mobility issues often uses a cane or walking stick. Among the options for weapons on the costume standards for the RFT is a "pike weapon". I recall seeing an RFT sentry on Yavin in Ep.IV holding a pike-like device but cannot recall any other sightings. Can someone direct me to any photos or images of the pike weapon that would be appropriate for an RFT? I'm thinking this could be ideal for my wife to carry as part of her costume.

As always, thank you Rebel Legion brothers and sisters!
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS FAR AS I KNOW...there arent any plans (back me up on this Phyllis and Greg) for exactly what it looks like.
But, it is a rather long pole with the energy pike on top.

This may be your best bet, and I rather lilke the look of it. Its a build that was done here a while back.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47885&sid=d71c77e1bc6735433e2842bb7a8ff05c

i always thought it would be cool to add a switch and a piezo buzzer and bright LED in it.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
TFS (Tom Schobert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, THANK YOU very much for pointing me in this direction! This provides all the information I need to consider crafting one of these pikes for the missus. I am embarrassed, though, that I didnt see this thread myself before posting my plea for help. Now, of course, it jumps right out at me when I scan through the list of topics. Laughing
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry about that at all.

when I was DCO here I would scan, and scan, and scan, and do a topic search for something and come up empty. Then someone would find it for me.

I like the pike option. I do have a blaster that is in work, but lately with all that has happened, they have asked us to leave our blasters at home. Nothing has been said about lightsabers---or pikes for that matter. We have sandtroopers that carry Dewback prods....I consider this the same.
this pike can also be used with the Yavin honor guards should you build one of those in future.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Weapons of RAID All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: