Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4961dba153e9b3e18d8a9dbc6192f38fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Too Tall for 3PO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schraeds (Matt Schraeder)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Too Tall for 3PO? Reply with quote

I'm 6'1" and 160-170 pounds. I was thinking of trying to do C-3PO, but wasn't sure if I was too tall. I haven't gotten any answers on the 3PO-Builders site. Do the parts come in different sizes?
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
KnoXxVille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TK409 3PO parts, there is no choice. You fit in it, or you don't fit.

Protocol Piper replied to your message:

"Welcome aboard, Schraeds.

While I cannot accurately judge your build by means of the interwebs, I would say that you might be slightly too large to fit in a Threepio suit. I am 5'7", 115 lbs, and it's a bit of a squeeze for me! Unfortunately, the only makers of Threepio suits make them in AD size. (That is, Anthony Daniels's size.) TK409 makes a widened version of the chest and arms, but none of the other pieces have been altered. You may stretch the proportions out a little bit far -- some of our builders (Chris Bartlett/TK409, and Simon Wilkie/SW3PO come to mind) are slightly taller than AD, and look just fine. Unfortunately, it is a VERY small suit -- even smaller than one would think.

However, if you want to build a droid -- don't let your size stop you! I've been building mine for the last two or three years, and have enjoyed (most nearly) every moment of it. Who knows, you may find it'll work out in your favour!"
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnoXxVille wrote:
For TK409 3PO parts, there is no choice. You fit in it, or you don't fit.

Protocol Piper replied to your message:

"Welcome aboard, Schraeds.

While I cannot accurately judge your build by means of the interwebs, I would say that you might be slightly too large to fit in a Threepio suit. I am 5'7", 115 lbs, and it's a bit of a squeeze for me! Unfortunately, the only makers of Threepio suits make them in AD size. (That is, Anthony Daniels's size.) TK409 makes a widened version of the chest and arms, but none of the other pieces have been altered. You may stretch the proportions out a little bit far -- some of our builders (Chris Bartlett/TK409, and Simon Wilkie/SW3PO come to mind) are slightly taller than AD, and look just fine. Unfortunately, it is a VERY small suit -- even smaller than one would think.

However, if you want to build a droid -- don't let your size stop you! I've been building mine for the last two or three years, and have enjoyed (most nearly) every moment of it. Who knows, you may find it'll work out in your favour!"

Thanks. I was afraid of that.

I tried to contact TK409, but got no response. I heard about someone in Australia who might be able to help. I also know a few guys locally who are pretty handy. Maybe they can help.

You responded a lot faster than on 3PO Builders.
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
KnoXxVille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once tried to contact TK409 but never got a response.
So I just purchased parts, and 1 year and a half they were here.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnoXxVille wrote:
I once tried to contact TK409 but never got a response.
So I just purchased parts, and 1 year and a half they were here.

Good to know. Thanks.
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: