Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c7efdbda1844fdff06ab4d20e0e8503Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

1/21-1/22 Brick Fest Live Lego Convention, Franklin, TN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: 1/21-1/22 Brick Fest Live Lego Convention, Franklin, TN
Event starting Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 pm for 2 days

After talking with coordinators of Brick Fest noticing they promote several Star Wars set ups, they were pleased to invite us to come hang out in costume both days of the convention, kind of last minute but it wasnt until advertising contacts led me to talk to them that I was surprised to notice they had 501st and RL members at some of their other shows and they had no familiarity with how to request characters.

A few free passes are involved if anyone can make it, and we do have the ability to set up a table if anyone has table stuff (they can provide a black cloth) but my banner is a 10 year anniversary banner for RL so I doubt its very useful anymore. BUT i do have some RL swag I can bring if anyone is able to last minute do a table. ( i have a very small folding table i could let someone borrow if they can do both days or I can bring for just Saturday. Its orange Wink Though we'd likely be sharing table space with 501st swag as well. I'm sure they're fine with us just hanging out around the Star Wars displays and walking around otherwise even if we don't set up a table, and handing stuff out from pockets/bags.

Chad and I are planning to do Saturday in X-Wing and Scout for as long as I can stand up.

Quote:
We are always happy to have 501st & Rebel Legion members at Brick Fest Live. As Trisha mentioned, we will have our 20' x 20' LEGO Darth Vader mosaic for the public to participate and build which is a great photo op for Star Wars characters, as shows in the attached image. We also have a local builder displaying a large custom 8' x 15' model of the Droid Factory on Geonosis and battle scene; pictures also attached.

We will be setting up Friday and can allow access for your move-in from 12:00 noon to 8:00pm. Our show hours are 9:00am - 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday. I have also attached a show schedule to the email as well as a list of FAQ's.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
What are the show hours?

Public hours:
Saturday, January 21st, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday, January 22nd, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
** Note that the first hour of each day is restricted public VIP-only early entry **

When can we load in?

Load in is located at the AG Expo Park 4215 Long Ln # 100, Franklin, TN 37064.
Times for load is are:
Friday, January 20th, 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM

When can get I in each morning? When do we have to leave each night?

Building access:
Friday, January 20th 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Saturday, January 21st 8:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday, December 4th 8:00am to 11:00pm

Can we set up on Saturday morning since we have very little to bring?

Although we do not recommend moving in on Saturday, we will trust your judgement if you truly only have a minimal set up. Bear in mind that there will be limitations on Saturday morning, such as entry into the building will be limited to the main entrance and vehicles will not be permitted to drive inside.

Remember public hours begin at 9:00am on Saturday and the line may start to form around 8:00am. Doors will open to you at 8:00 AM. Please arrive bright and early.

When do we load out?

Load out hours are Sunday, January 22nd, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

Please remember that we need to provide a full experience for all attendees. It is not acceptable for any vendor to pack-up or leave BEFORE the 6:00pm load out hours. Breaking down early will be considered a violation of a participant’s agreement with Brick Fest Live.

Where do we check in?

When you arrive, you will find a 10’x10’ Red canopy near the middle of the show room floor. Our staff will be happy to check you in and show you to your space.

Where do I park?

Free parking is available on-site.

Can you explain what the pipe and drape will look like?

Pipe is a 1.5" to 2" diameter metal pole that we use to hang Red drape (curtains). The back wall will be 8’ high and the side rails will be 3’ high. You may hang your signage using hooks on this pipe.

Will there be food?

Yes, concessions will be available for anyone to purchase food during public hours.

Do you have tablecloths/linens?

Yes, we will provide a black linen for every table we put in your space. Please leave these on the provided tables after the event. You are also welcome to use your own linens if you choose.

Do we need tickets for ourselves?

Please do not buy tickets. We provide lanyards to participants that will act as your weekend pass. When you check in for setup, we will give these to you.

Is there anything else you need from us?

Once agreements and invoices are completed, all you really have to do is show up and be ready to inspire thousands that weekend. If you absolutely want to do more, we love it when our partners let their fans know they'll be participating at our events. Please share with your networks that you'll be joining us at Brick Fest Live for a fun-filled weekend!

Roster:

Chad - Saturday - Xwing
Crystal - Saturday - RFT or Scout
Matt - Saturday AM , Sunday - Chewie
Michael - Saturday & Sunday
John - Sunday tentative
David - Saturday & Tentative Sunday
Chris - Saturday- Mando
Doug - Tentative Saturday & Sunday pending car

Last edited by Wolfie (Crystal Bass) on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've offered us use of a table for free as well so I've got a bit of RL swag I can give away on it.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have access starting at 8am both days. VIP ticket holders are in for the first hour, 9a-10a then regular ticket holders. Stop by check in for your event lanyard to get in without a ticket. When you arrive, you will find a 10’x10’ Red canopy near the middle of the show room floor. Our staff will be happy to check you in and show you to your space.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got conformation a bit ago there will be a secure area for changing AND belongings to be stored so we're all good! Sorry to spam the thread so much today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: