Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=77dd3e3d28bf3c332adad659e9f3e3a5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Prequel Obi-Wan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Prequel Obi-Wan Reply with quote

So awhile back I did my Old Ben inspired Generic Jedi, and while I've decided to leave that at a generic Jedi(not thrilled with the fabric for an old ben, want to do it justice when the time comes), I still want to get my hands on an Obi-Wan of some form, and my hair is long enough for episode 2 right now. I've also got some of this beautiful fabric sitting around(can you marry fabric? Because I would marry this), and I put some work into shrinking it in the washer and dryer today.

I also have the saber:

I doubt I'll get much more started until mid January, as I'll be in Florida the next few weeks, but when I return It will begin.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fabric!

I'm working on an "Old Ben"... mainly because I can do the voice. Cool That and I'm going grey.

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Legion Costume Judge
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base Captain
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from Florida and had a whole bunch of packages waiting for me, some beautiful leather. With one of the tutorials in the Jedi section(http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48452) I've put together this:

I haven't been able to finish it yet. My leather punch went missing, so I ordered a new one that is arriving tomorrow. Once I have that in hand I'll be able to make the snap closure, and put the button studs in. Also had to order new button studs, as the ones that I got were brass not silver.

The belt was quite enjoyable to make, at least so far.
Base Membership Officer

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the belt is pretty much done, still waiting on the silver studs to replace the brass ones, but wow is it pretty. First dive into leatherwork and it was alot of fun.

Base Membership Officer

Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was pouch day! Went down to visit Nedd from the NJ mercs and banged out some painted resin pouches. They look fantastic! Nedd is great at what he does and if anyone is looking for any type of prop I highly recommend him.

I have some belt clips on order, when they arrive I'll attach them to the pouches and then I'll have the belt finished with all the accessories on it.

I also added sound to my saber and switched out the ugly red button that was on it with a nice plain silver one.

My goal is to have everything but the boots finished and in hand by celebration. Boot wise I've looked at a few options, but I'm leaning towards JDOS for the boots just because of the quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: