Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=04e640884dfd87bad648a7fdf71d2c25Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

y-wing details/specs and measurements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xwingfighter1969 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: y-wing details/specs and measurements Reply with quote

I make boba fett & mandalorian helmets but i really dig the Y-wing....always thought it was the most unique of them all!! I've been looking but am not seeing much about the SPECS of the helmet....Instead of vac helmet kits which are ok. I really think the resin plastic will be more helmety (lol).i think it will feel more true as a real helmet!! Can yall point me in the right direction for these details/specs ?
thanks a bunch !!
xwingfighter1969 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: helmet details Reply with quote

note the lip on the front of helmet[img]

Last edited by xwingfighter1969 () on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
xwingfighter1969 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the lip on the lower front....just like the arthur fulmer [img]

Last edited by xwingfighter1969 () on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
xwingfighter1969 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the lip on the shoei helmet...[img] I will start to modify the shoei and hopefully turn it into a Y-wing that I can mold !
Also NOTE how Tall/deep the front part of the chin area is...just like the screen shot! I think they took the arthur Fulmer helmet and modified it heavily.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like it might be a decent base to start with. I have no idea what the dimensions of the Y-wing pilot helmet are but I can see a similar shape in the helmets you linked.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xwingfighter1969 ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thickness of the helmet around the visor opening is from where they built out the shell to add recessed details.[img][/img]
As a prop helmet maker I know it's easier to sculpt in details rather than build them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: