Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=771df79be00eb5d7856772e00a425589Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

kornishpyxee mon mothma wip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kornishpyxee ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: kornishpyxee mon mothma wip Reply with quote

My name is Jenn, and I'm planning to work on a recreation of Mon Mothma's epsidoe III gown from the deleted scenes in Padme's apartment.

I've ordered a white cotton jacquard fabric with a circle pattern for the gown, and ivory silk suiting for the tabard. I plan to dye the jacquard ivory to match the tabard fabric once it and the dye arrives.

During the wait, I began working on the brooch/necklace ensemble. I constructed these out of Crayola Model Magic. I will paint them silver once they dry. I mounted pinbacks on the back of each piece and secured it with the clay:

Jenn (kornishpyxee)
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this costume, and I can't wait to see more of it. The medallions look great. I love model magic for how light it is.

In planning and progress:
Infinities Jedi Leia, Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Galactic Senate DCO
Royalty/Senatorial & Jyn Erso Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
kornishpyxee ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't posted in a lonnng time. I've been busy with various things and got sidetracked from my Mon Mothma project. I've got the jewelry just about done and the underdress done. I'll post pictures once I get decent ones taken. I had made an attempt at the tabard but messed up the collar, and then other things started happening. Waiting for fabric for a second attempt.
Thanks,
Kornishpyxee (Jenn)
kornishpyxee ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics of underdress and a closeup of the fabric:

Fabric source Denver fabrics--apparently they no longer have this fabric in stock. I tried to look it up to post a link, but couldn't find it. It is a cotton upholstery type fabric with raised stitched circles. It originally was white, I dyed it ivory to match the film/picture more closely.
[/img]
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up close it looks great, but from a distance it's hard to see the texture. That might be because the dress is so wrinkly, it is taking away from the lovely texture of the fabric. What would it look like if you gave it a good ironing?

Galactic Senate DCO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that occurred to me while I was looking at some Clone Wars cartoon artwork was that if your fabric does not look "fleecy or medium weight" (copied from standards) is that you could go the direction of Clone Wars Mon Mothma:

The shape of the costume is basically the same, except for belled sleeves. It's all just flatter and not obviously fleecy.

Galactic Senate DCO
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenna raise a good point. The texture and pattern is very important and must closely resemble what is seen on screen. The Clone Wars version of the same costume do leave more wriggle room than the movie one does.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
kornishpyxee ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going Clone Wars version is a thought. Admittedly it is wrinkled. I promise it will be ironed once it's all finished.

Thanks for your input

Jenn (kornishpyxee)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: