Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=39f7d6b8f59b938c167dd736816c409eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New standard - Baze Malbus - DISCUSSION
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronan ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking at wigs/goatee. How accurate would it have to be? Besides the dreads, i mean the color. Its a very dark brown with salt & pepper hair. Would a dark brown wig work, or a black one?
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
TrooperPX wrote:

Quote:
3. Optional rocket launcher?

It's not his... he picks it up of the battlefield, and I believe it's an Imperial weapon.

I believe it's more a Rebel rocket launcher drop by one of the others rebels there. Why would imperial be with such a weapon ?

Because I figured the Troopers are stationed there to protect the base and would have been something found at a landing pad. Wink But when I saw "SpecForces HH-12 rocket launcher that he appropriates on Scarif", I though he appropriated it from a fallen Trooper, not realizing they refer to the Rebel group as SpecForces later in the Visual Guide book.

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Legion Costume Judge
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base XO
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I looked closely at the lines stitched on the arms, I noticed a discrepancy:

Several versions of the costume have different number of lines.

Note: The raised texture of the stitched lines and the way it's affecting the fabric, to me, appear to be a chain stitch.

Each scene/location/event had it's own version of the costume, with unique weathering from clean to dirty... Interesting how the arm lines change as well. Perhaps they did this to identify which costume was used in what scene? Certainly an interesting discovery. Smile

ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Legion Costume Judge
UCGR Detachment XO
Echo Base XO
ubohica (Chris Fultz)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm new to this and Currently working on my chewbacca, but I'm putting together stuff to start this after the summer. ... i preface this as someone new to this and the RL..

When I started reading.. The first thing I bought was the British Nomex flight suit because, It was easy to search for that using those terms.

When a read an A.L.I.C.E. pack, I knew exactly what I need to get. (But being ex military) I thought of that as a pack base when i first saw the movie.

So my 2 cents are.... Use the most descriptive way to help others locate the items they need. But maybe preface it as a description and not necessarily a band needed. I think it, like other costumes allows some to make changes the might help them wear or fit right.

But I must also say.... If a suit is well put together and looks amazing do you really care if someone has 12 stitches or 9?

Armor and other parts: Does it need to be made out of a plastic base like the storm troopers or is something like the foam acceptable?

Anyways That is my thoughts if it mean anything as someone new. I'll be following to keep getting ideas Smile

But, Kids at the hospital don't look at stitches.. They are excited to see their favorite character.

"Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 10 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:
Armor and other parts: Does it need to be made out of a plastic base like the storm troopers or is something like the foam acceptable?

I think, as it will look as in movie/reference pictures - it could be done from any material you wish Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Commanding Officer
fragmastersid ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently about 60% done on mine. Just wondering, and not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do we have any details on how the rig is actually attached to the back? I'm having some serious trouble thinking on how the pack is actually securely attached. Enough for it to stay on for running.
Ronan ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fragmastersid wrote:
I'm currently about 60% done on mine. Just wondering, and not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do we have any details on how the rig is actually attached to the back? I'm having some serious trouble thinking on how the pack is actually securely attached. Enough for it to stay on for running.

I thought about this. I found this shot. It looks to me that the straps might go inside the suit and there must be holes or a D ring there. You can kinda see an angle to the inside of the suit.
fragmastersid ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see what you mean,but assuming those straps are attached to the chest piece, it would still be bouncing around too much as it not being attached at the bottom. My initial idea was to mount it through the suit to a molle vest worn inside.
Ronan ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching an early copy last night I spotted the answer also a few other references we have missed.

He does have the cap in most scenes, so that should probably be added to the CRL

It appears that there is a stiff patch under his suit and the holes here are probably where the backpack goes in.

There is a leather pouch that the back tool goes in. This tool is scene in his leg pocket on some displays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: