Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a31a91610cf10935fa46de94f235788bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mara Jade WIP (black jumpsuit Decipher version)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwnikita (Jill Olsen)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Mara Jade WIP (black jumpsuit Decipher version) Reply with quote

Hello Echo Base,
I have started the road to becoming an approved member by starting on my Mara Jade costume. I am building the Decipher card version as I simply like that one better than the comic version.
I currently do my own interpretation of some of the Emperor's Hand images that I have seen, and I will be able to use some of those pieces for my new build.
I have already purchased shin/knee guards after doing some extensive research and chatting with other approved Maras on other boards. Hopefully they will be ok here as well.
The boots that I have are leather tall boots and I have removed the decorate buckles and the straps that attached them to the boot. There is still one piece of leather sewn onto the boot but I don't think it can be removed without destroying the look. I think it will be covered by the straps of the shinguard, though. The boots also have elastic panels as I have large calves (17 inch) from years of sports and martial arts. I am hoping that this as well as the side zipper will be ok, or at least covered mostly by the shinguards. The CRL doesn't specifically say "no zippers". I would like to get some opinions on that if I could.
I have posted several pictures to my PhotoBucket page for reference. I will be posting more tomorrow after I try on the boots with the shinguards over them. The images include some alternate boots should the ones I have not be acceptable.
http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/jwnikita/library/?sort=3&page=1
jwnikita (Jill Olsen)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added new photos to my WIP Photobucket page of me wearing the boots with the shin/knee guards I tried to get as close as I could on my own to show how the straps look on the boots, especially where they cover the zipper and elastic panels. . Input and feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/jwnikita/library/?view=recent&page=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: