Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2ff033ea8f8b392edd277849ff6b8f1aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saber hilts - opinions, please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrnHyeJoo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Grab Bag Reply with quote

Ordered a grab bag saber from Ultrasabers. Letting them make all the selections. Should be interesting to see what they send me.
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark War Glaive-- way too Sithy...

I have experience with the standard Glaive. In some cases when left on too long, it actually got very warm to the touch (this was most likely a heat sink issue).

I also have experience with their customer service (or lack thereof)... I refuse to deal with Emory (their CS manager) and will subsequently never purchase another UltraSaber product again.
RAID XO & CO 2012-2013

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but {for the sake of my fragile ego} please don't stop trying..."
rebeldan (Danny Kurtz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got this in from US today and ordered on sat night... and with the holiday... dont mind leia lol she had to get in the pics

OrnHyeJoo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeldan wrote:
i just got this in from US today and ordered on sat night... and with the holiday... dont mind leia lol she had to get in the pics

I have this same exact Ultrasaber. This was my 2nd. Ultrasaber purchase and I now have three. All different hilt styles but I really like all of them. These sabers are very lightweight, one piece solid construction and very well balanced. They are excellent for performing Jedi saber forms and dueling.

I received my Kyberlight saber about a month ago and I will say that I was very impressed.
The hilt is long, sleek, easy to grip, well balancd and your hands do not slip when performing lightsaber stunts.

The 20 blade color choices is an excellent option. One saber can be used for any number of costume choices and characters.

The only "slightly negative" critical remark I will make is that the blade colors do not fill the length of the blade as well as my Ultrabers. If you are in a dark environment the color distribution is excellent but in the light the color distribution is a little lacking.
Fortunately I was able to solve the blade color problem with relative ease.
I swapped out the blade with one of my Ultrasabers. Now the Kyberlight blade is bright in any light.
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there ,

Here are my thoughts ... I run a lightsaber stage performance group Rogue Alliance , and have been involved in light saber chorography for 10 years

Between my wife and myself we have 7 Ultra Sabers ( Luke rotj , Anakin , flamberge , initiate , curved hilt. and a saber part staff ) - all of them work amazingly , i have had no problems in their qulaity and performance.

Fromthe Custom Saber Show we have in the ball park of around 8-10 depending on configeration staff ect ... and amazing qulaity

Saberforge - Bane - amazing quality

Advanced Light Weaponry . a piece of art ..

Here are my thoughts .

Pro con

Saberforge bright, looks amazing can have sharp edges
great quality needs some sadning
based on hilt,
can take a while for
delivery
a little pricier then others

TCSS Amazing and you need to solder
various parts
variety
quick delivery

Ultra Sabers great quality all work fine so no
dealings with cs
fast delivery
great variety of looks
user friendly
right out of the box and ready to go

Advance Light Weaponry
one of a kind peice of art can be heavy
steal construction can take a while
for the design to be made
\ can be costly
unique
you tell bob what you want
you wantit to look like a juicy bone that is what you
get
quality beyond hte standard
collaborate withthe artist for your desired look

As to vaders vault .... I do nto have any true hands on experience ... but here are my thoughts

amzing looking saber
very costly
turn aroudn time of order to delivery can be quite long ..
great qulaity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: