Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=edc6c409f45372f41b26a992fbb92586Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Itore ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Generic Jedi WIP Reply with quote

Starting my first costume. Any suggestions on the pieces i have done so far would be appreciated. In the pictures please ignore the belt and obi they are just stand ins while i get the real ones made. I have a concern about the robe, the sleeves are really long. Like about 3 inches beyond the tips of my fingers. Any advice on the proper length for the sleeves would be appreciated.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149153101@N04/shares/08nv5y
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner...things have been nuts...
anyway...

You have a really nice costume started there...

the only thing that I see that will be an issue is your inner tunic....it looks like it might just be a scarf?

Generally inner tunics have the same neckband as outer tunics...left over right.

You can also make a mandarin collared inner tunic....

The only other thing I can't see well is if you have a lightsaber clip on your belt.

All generic Jedi are required to have a lightsaber clip.

Your robe might be a wee bit too short....if you have some hem left...I would leave the hem down as much as you can as the robe should just about touch the ground.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Itore ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. The under tunic is actually a turtle neck that i thought could work but I am now looking at other options. I am contacting the person that made the robe for me to see what my options are to get it lengthened.

In the mean time i have been working on my belt and have the thinner belt done, I also weathered my food capsules because the shiny new look just did not look right to me.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a turtleneck as an inner tunic as long as you have the other 3 optional items of an approvable robe, 4 food capsules and 2 pouches.

It does look like you have the 4 food capsules...

obviously you have a robe on...again...if the hem could get let down on the robe, it would be good to go...

and...I can make out one pouch on your belt...but can't see if you have two.

As far as the belt...here is a tip to make the belt look less new....try rolling the belt into a coil - coil it one way....uncoil it and coil it up the other way a bunch of times...
that relaxes things and "weathers" it a bit...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

costume looks good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: