Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=840b61075d4ce5efa99c077adb9bfeb8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

5-13-2017 - Autism Speaks - Chicago-Soldier Field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Jedimeg16Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm
Jorus SherSat Apr 15, 2017 12:45 am
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: 5-13-2017 - Autism Speaks - Chicago-Soldier Field Reply with quote

Please see the copy and paste of Brian's post from the MWG....

Note things like giving your name, what costume you will be wearing, and your user name here...

Also indicate need for parking pass...

Also indicate when what time you will be able to arrive and how long you can stay...

Fleetfang wrote:
The MWG will be returning to Soldier Field on May 13th, 2017 for the Walk Now for Autism Speaks!
Everything is the same as it has been in past years (full details below)... with a few exceptions, as noted in the "CHANGE FROM PAST YEARS" section.
This is a non-canon event and open to any and all Star Wars characters and clubs. Please cross-post to Nar Shaddaa Base and Nexu Clan!

Please post below with your full real name, TK ID, what costume you'll be wearing, and whether you will need a parking pass.

Hoping for a great turnout for a great cause!

Location: Soldier Field, Chicago... Click HERE for directions.

Parking: Is in the Waldron Garage, on the south side of the field.
From Lake Shore Drive, look for the 18th Street/Museum Campus Drive exit. The parking garage entrance is at 458 E. 18th Street.
In past years, Autism Speaks has set us up with parking passes. I'll need a head-count of who will need a parking pass. We will have a deadline on that (TBD), so let me know ASAP. But just in case we have late-comers, I'll ask for a few extras.
I'll be arriving early, and I (or another intrepid member) will be hanging out on the corner of 18th street outside the garage to hand those out as you turn off the street and into the garage.

Show/suit up time 7-7:30am -- Be suited up and ready by 8am! You can suit up at your car, if you choose, but we'll again have a secure changing room down the ramp beneath Soldier Field, if that's more convenient.

Schedule
9:00am Registration Opens (inside SF along with main stage entertainment)
10:00am Opening Ceremonies inside Soldier Field
10:15am Walk Starts (3 mile walk along lakefront with option to turn around midpoint)
11:00am Post Event Walk Party/Resource Fair complete with concessions, petting zoo, bounce houses and kid friendly entertainment
1:00pm Event concludes
See more at: http://act.autismspeaks.org/site/TR/Walk/Chicagoland?fr_id=2874&pg=entry#sthash.6DTjLqaz.dpuf

In past years, we mingle with the growing crowd on Soldier Field itself leading up to and during the Opening Ceremonies and usually suit down shortly after the Walk steps off (10:15am). This year, they'd like us to help keep the walkers' spirits high as they funnel out of the stadium, by positioning ourselves on the stands adjacent to and above the exit tunnel that everyone will be using to leave the field. Once the majority of walkers have left Soldier Field, then we're 100% good to take a break or suit down...

CHANGE FROM PAST YEARS: The organizers have also expressed a hope that some of our characters might stick around in costume for the Party on the Field Green after the Walkers return to the stadium. People will be returning from the walk around 11am. The party concludes at 1pm. I understand that being suited up for such a long stretch (from 8am to 1pm) might be really difficult, and that folks have gotten used to this being an earlier-morning event that's over well before noon, so I've cleared it with the organizers that we can arrive in two shifts. We can make arrangements for the second-shift arrivals to get parking in Soldier Field.
Please register according to when you'll be arriving!

Other Notes:
Soldier Field does not allow pets unless they are service dogs. No food or beverage on the field. No bubbles on the field.
Strollers are not allowed on the field but can be up on the mezzanine. They also have a stroller check available.

Any problems? Here's my number! ---> (773) 818-8289

Autism Speaks is the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization. It is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Suzanne and Bob Wright, the grandparents of a child with autism. Mr. Wright is the former vice chairman of General Electric and chief executive officer of NBC and NBC Universal. Since its inception, Autism Speaks has committed more than $570 million to its mission, the majority in science and medical research. Each year, Walk Now for Autism Speaks events are held in nearly 100 cities across North America. On the global front, Autism Speaks has established partnerships in more than 70 countries on five continents to foster international research, services and awareness. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit AutismSpeaks.org.
Read more at: http://www.autismspeakswalk.org/faf/help/helpAboutOrg.asp?ievent=1150524&lis=1&kntae1150524=D533F756FF284E9D9C237E87BD7E49CE#sthash.2RrBWD2N.dpuf

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Jedimeg16 (Megan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I officially signed up in the MWG thread too.

Member:
Nar Shaddaa Base (Illinois and Wisconsin)
Knights of the Jedi Order
Temple of the Howling Moon (Nar Shaddaa Jedi Temple)

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedimeg16 wrote:
I officially signed up in the MWG thread too.

Awesome!!

Jorus Sher (Brian Gurak)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there as my Jedi Jorus Sher. I signed up on the 501st thread as well.

I'll be there at 8 and at least stay until the walk kicks off. Depending on my schedule that day I might be able to stay longer.

South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorus Sher wrote:
I'll be there as my Jedi Jorus Sher. I signed up on the 501st thread as well.

I'll be there at 8 and at least stay until the walk kicks off. Depending on my schedule that day I might be able to stay longer.

Awesome!

As of now, I am a "maybe" as I have a few irons in the fire that I have to keep my schedule flexible for...

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cr*p....

looking at my schedule...I have a restoration workday that date..

Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: