Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a668af8efeac1205703e62c4c8c4a198Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hondo Ohnaka: Rebel or 501st?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VMorticia ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Hondo Ohnaka: Rebel or 501st? Reply with quote

So I have a Hondo Ohnaka (clone wars, season 5) costume I'm hoping to get approved by either the Legion or the 501st, and I'm not sure which side to go to. Elstree Base pointed me to this forum to find out.

The way I see it, if forced to actually pick a side instead of playing everyone for the greatest personal gain to himself, I figure he'd probably go with the Jedi/rebels over the Empire. I mean, after all the pirating and double-crossing he's done, the Jedi haven't tried to kill him even once... that's a sign of true friendship right there.

What do you think?
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems like he would be at home in both clubs. The basic idea behind which club gets a particular character is to ask yourself how the series depicts him. He's two faced and untrustworthy, but he's likeable and the audience is meant to like him as a character, but he's also double crossed people in the past.
Compare him to Jabba the Hutt for a good counter example.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple being worked on in the 501st so he is fine there. (LMO)

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
VMorticia ()

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to know if he'd be allowed in the Rebel Legion, as I do tend to see him as leaning vaguely in that direction, and I'm hoping to start work on bringing him up to clearance level as soon as possible.

If I get a "no" from the rebellion then I'll take him over to 501st.
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good question. Do you think his gang should also be permitted to join the ranks of the RL too?
VMorticia ()

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well his gang did betray him. IIRC he was proud of that, but it was still a betrayal. They went and signed up as cannon fodder for Maul and Savage, didn't they? I believe that was when he called up the Jedi for help.

I really need to get the later series' of Clone Wars on DVD. Only saw those episodes once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: