Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2fc0613432f6d5617fbb7e55e9e5a6eaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Smuggler submissions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdccosplay ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Smuggler submissions Reply with quote

Hello!

Chicago based newb but been a costumer and life long star wars fanboy. I haven't heard anything from enlistment but I was curious about submissions for smugglers. My gf and I wanted to finish putting ours together, one human, one twi'lek, before we did our hero characters and mando. Are generic smugglers allowed? Mine will be a little more old republic style.
Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Smuggler submissions Reply with quote

hdccosplay wrote:
Hello!

Chicago based newb but been a costumer and life long star wars fanboy. I haven't heard anything from enlistment but I was curious about submissions for smugglers. My gf and I wanted to finish putting ours together, one human, one twi'lek, before we did our hero characters and mando. Are generic smugglers allowed? Mine will be a little more old republic style.

Hi, Welcome!
I am not 100% sure, but I dont think they allow generic smugglers... I think they would consider that a Informal/Non-canon costume. if you think about it... there is no "uniform" for a smuggler.. it could be anything.. there would be no way to write up a standard for that..
again, I dont know for sure, but I am thinking not.

I hope this dose not discourage you into continue working on your "hero". we would love to have you! If you want to wait on the Hero, but still join, maybe check out the Rebel Fleet trooper or Jedi... you can go generic with them and the costumes are on the easier side...at least for some, not so much for me lol

CO: OUTLAW SQUADRON - OUTLAW 13
CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Smuggler submissions Reply with quote

hdccosplay wrote:
Hello!

Unfortunately there are no standards for generic smugglers and thus currently they wouldn't be approvable Sad
hdccosplay ()

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting back to me and no worries! Han is going to happen and I have a grey Jedi I'm working on as well. The GF is also doing a Mara Jade. I knew Smuggler was a long shot but it's still a fun look. I love the old republic styles. Thank you all and hopefully I'll run in to you at Joliet. The GF will probably be easy to spot. Twi'lek with a Mara Jade style rig
Tymae Yarmoo ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply, but I think The Dark Empire allows generic smugglers. You may want to look into that group. They are a smaller group, but growing.
Echo5Delta (Alex Diaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool Tim, I had no idea about Dark Empire! I might just have to hit them up when I put together a smuggler costume!

"Grab some sky!!"
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that The Dark Empire does take custom smugglers. Just approved one a few days ago Smile

Judicial Officer-Mandalorian Mercs
Nes'ari (membership officer)-The Dark Empire
Echo5Delta (Alex Diaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked! It'll give me a costume i can use my new blaster on!!!

Maybe, I hear balancing multiple costuming groups can be tough Shocked

"Grab some sky!!"
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah...I'm in all 4 of the bigger Star Wars clubs as well as a few non-Star Wars costuming clubs. Takes a while to go through all the forums each day to see if anything fun is posted. But not all that difficult Smile

Love that blaster, by the way

Judicial Officer-Mandalorian Mercs
Nes'ari (membership officer)-The Dark Empire
Echo5Delta (Alex Diaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I got it from Traywick Designs. Good quality 3D print.

"Grab some sky!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: