Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3eb09aa4a5e9adc4a2885a85e37b33d4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Show off your lightsaber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new black series Kylo saber is awesome. feels like it has a real accellerometer for the motion sensor. (like an iPhone). it responds to fast/slow swings. very responsive -- unprecedented control -- you can play it like a musical instrument Wink

(the old master replicas/hasbro "FX" sabers from 10 years ago, had a steel ball-bearing inside a plastic tube, to act as a 'switch' to trigger the sounds -- VERY hit&miss -- the sounds were sort of random at times) Sad

not so anymore, these things have come a LONG way!! Cool loving the new black series sabers.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already a full member

Wouldn't need to apply with the cross gaurd saber

I'm
Planning on building a kylo anyway for the 501st as well

No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"
-Bo-Katan Kryze-
Junta Kharr (Shelby Terry)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentinel LE V4(stunt) from Ultrasabers in Adegen Silver

And with green and Yellow color discs!

BlackTie (Duncan Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Aeon LE V3 in consular green with TCSS spike pommel and gold blade retention thumbscrew. Wrap and bead hang done to set it apart from the plain look.

Lupus ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Rev'n from Vaders Vault is currently my favorite saber. I let them wrap it with the black leather strap and wanted it with an orange blade and medium weathering to look like a heavy used tool in the fight against evil Wink Comes with all the nice extras like flash on clash, interlocking and blaster deflection effects and sounds. Kinda like orange blades as they look nastier than blue or green. Imagine it to be a weapon of a Jedi away from the temple and its secure golden cage, right out in the middle of trouble and the real life.

GeordieJedi (Daniel Johnson)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My saber is a customised Saberforge 'Vigilant' (Champion edition), with added black accents in the body grooves and a bronze greeblie. Also including a 32in hyper durable V4 infinity blade with threaded tip. A Quad Cree 12W+ LED (light blue), Viridium SaberCore 2.0 sound upgrade and a built in recharge upgrade with 3400mah.

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Neferet (Natalia Telias)
Assistant Legion PR Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lightsaber is from Ultrasaber, orange color (basic, without sound and a single diode high powered LEDs). It is very bright!!!!!

Rikh-Tar (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my one. Custom made by a national vendor I found on the internet. It has soundeffects. I have different little plastic pads for different colors. But I prefer orange. Blade is suitable for combat training. Hope to get another one that shines brighter - especially with daylight.

Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Evolution of a Lightsaber Reply with quote

The lightsaber for my generic Jedi costume started a very long time ago. Somewhere around 1994 I saw this hilt that Trevor Lemon had submitted as an entry in the Sluis Van Lightsaber competition. Here is his Darth Skyba hilt which was the original inspiration for my own lightsaber:

In 2003 I finalized my hilt design, borrowing and outright stealing some elements from Trevor's hilt, as well as nods to both the Graflex and young Obi-Wan sabers. I commissioned a machinist to build this non-working hilt:

In 2009 I cannibalized the non-working hilt, salvaging the emitter shroud and activator cowl, and built a new lightsaber from modified MHS (Modular Hilt System) parts from The Custom Saber Shop. I tried to retain the look and feel of the original design, but some compromise had to be made. This has an Ultrasound 2.5 sound card and a bin 4 green Luxeon 5, powered by a 7v 2x18650 pack. The 90° offset between activator and emitter makes it easier to activate and wield.

Finally this week I received the last two MHS pieces to make it look more like the original concept. Swapped out the main handle and pommel for a 4" Deep fluted double female and a MPS-11 Pommel. The handle was acquired back when TCSS was still doing anodizing on their parts, then hand brushed down to the aluminum on the high surfaces. Now the handle and emitter shroud are the same diameter and look much more balanced.

~ vonnor
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first build!

Gruntsky (Jake Rainsford)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very first saber for my recently approved A'Sharad Hett costume.

Stock standard nocturne armory saber:

With a change of 'claws' and beads for a more Tusken scavenger look:

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the filigree on the golden one, and the look of Hett's lightsaber. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Storven Vos (Steven Huerta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine, Ultrasabers Sentinel v4 with a stunt setup in Consular Green. I added some o-rings to the grooves, leather wrapped the choke points, and replaced the original blade screw with a red thumb screw.

hamelingraphix (Rock Hamelin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine.
Saberforge Redeemer, 12w, medium blue color.

next to a hasbro luke, in bright daylight. The hasbro barelly looks active!

Pic in a parking garage at Quebec comiccon. No photoshop other than cropping!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really mine, but I built it for a 501st member that has completed an Anakin ROTS costume and wanted something better than the MR/Hasbro Force FX for submission to the Rebel Legion:

This saber was built using parts from The Custom Saber Shop, MR FX parts, and even a few parts from the local hardware store. The grips and textured mylar tape are from Blast-Tech, which I managed to get before he closed up shop.

It's powered by a lithium-ion 18500 rechargeable cell, a Tri-Cree XPE2 RGB led, and a Plecter Labs Crystal Shard 3.0 sound board, which allows for 6 sound banks for 6 different fonts, blaster blocking/blade lock-up effects as well as color changing the blade and crystal:

Since this an Anakin ROTS styled saber, I thought it would be best to have several shades of blue/cyan on it.

Here's where the crystal doesn't quite match the blade color:

Orange blade, yellow crystal.

Yellow blade:

Lime-green crystal. all of the other colors match up pretty much spot-on.

Another blue blade:

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 56 of 57

Jump to: