Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f69305da28cf206e0117520edd8cb438Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TOR Armored Jedi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiarawr18 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: TOR Armored Jedi Reply with quote

Hi all,

I will be making an armored jedi cosplay for Oz Comic Con which is on the 1st of July, this gives me about 7-8 weeks to complete this build. I have started a thread on the RPF also but thought it would be good to have a thread here too!

I think the hardest part of this build for me will be the soft parts (robe, pouches, undergarments, boots and gloves)

Anyway, I have started working on the chest plate and cod Smile

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see your progress. Mr. Green

Per the undergarments, I think there's a nonzero chance you could either buy a bodysuit or find somewhere that will sell leggings/shirt that match, if you want to not have to make it for yourself. I've considered that myself, in case I start running out of time as SDCC approaches. I'd personally recommend the shirt/leggings over a bodysuit, just to make bathroom breaks easier. Rolling Eyes

Sew Corellian
KJO Council
Celestia Delegation Leader
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediDWH wrote:
Looking good so far! Can't wait to see your progress. Mr. Green

Per the undergarments, I think there's a nonzero chance you could either buy a bodysuit or find somewhere that will sell leggings/shirt that match, if you want to not have to make it for yourself. I've considered that myself, in case I start running out of time as SDCC approaches. I'd personally recommend the shirt/leggings over a bodysuit, just to make bathroom breaks easier. Rolling Eyes

Thank you! Can't wait to see yours as well Smile
I've been looking for brown thermal sets but can't seem to find anything that matches and ships to Australia, good news though my awesome boss is bringing me back a set from America along with some gloves that I bought off amazon so that's those taken care of.
Oh and I definitely know about wearing a bodysuit and needing to go to the toilet, my most recent cosplay was one and I didn't have a toilet break for over 6hrs because I didn't want to take it off and put it on again hahaha.

And another note, I'm hoping to one day make it to SDCC it's so awesome, and the guests you guys get are insane!
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the chest plate on the weekend, just need to add the middle detail piece that lights up later on when the LEDs come in

I also found some dark brown slip on boots that will work perfectly with the build, and they were on sale for $25 woohoo!

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Smile I guess there will soon be updated pictures then.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Nice. Smile I guess there will soon be updated pictures then.

Planning to get the thighs done by the weekend, so hopefully! Smile
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the thighs (front and back) and hand plates on the weekend Smile
Glue showing on the hand plates will be sanded down and primed over when I get to the sanding/filling and priming stage of the build

kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy that my boss was able to bring back some brown thermals and gloves with grip from his US trip, I also received my robe in the post the other day...just needs to be altered to have shorter sleeves. Only soft parts left are the pouches for the belt Very Happy

And if anybody wants to know what the packaging is here is a photo, I ordered these off amazon

I was lazy on the weekend and didn't do anything, but I did finish off the forearm armor last week but am not 100% with it so I am definitely redoing it this week! Hoping to have those done and at least one shin done before next week..
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished forearms and the hand plates underneath
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIP shin and knee armour
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All pieces laid out..may or may not use those shoulders (were part of an unfinished clone trooper build)

Since that photo, I have began plastidipping and strapping the pieces. Want to finish plastidipping and most of the painting this weekend
Also...I am doing a bit of a mashup here, I will be adding some rey touches to this armored jedi

Will also be styling my hair with the three classic buns and wearing the rey wrist wraps underneath the wrist armour
The blaster is a repainted Nerf blaster (have never done one of these before and wanted to so thought this was the perfect opportunity), and the staff I think was a rubies staff that I modded and repainted which I used for my Rey cosplay last year...I may 3d print the blaster and staff one day but I'm ok with these for now Smile
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plasti dipped and painted the parts on the weekend, here's a look at some of them
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Cool

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
kiarawr18 ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Looking good. Cool

Thank you! Very Happy
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking awesome! Your details are coming out so well.

Sew Corellian
KJO Council
Celestia Delegation Leader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: