Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=67a4d6b0b3bbf372be64f6f1395b141eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kanan Jarrus Season 3 (PIC HEAVY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Assistant Rebel Merchandising Officer

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Kanan Jarrus Season 3 (PIC HEAVY) Reply with quote

I want to first thank all of the other Kanans on here that have helped me get to where I am with this now.
I am still getting the soft parts together but for now I have the mask sans Jaig Eyes, which I still would like advice getting those on, the blaster, the saber, boots, spats, gloves, blaster and working on the holster.
I also need to figure out the attachments for the mask over the ears, but I think I am going to use eyeglass frames over the ears under the wig.

Enjoy these progress pics
Mask build:

Belt and Box:

Lightsaber hilt:

Link to the video of the magnetic hilt:
https://goo.gl/photos/NYF8JXNoUmxe6jrB9

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Milori T'Bell ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say this, but from the front, the eye mask looks massively oversized to me.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milori T'Bell wrote:
Sorry to say this, but from the front, the eye mask looks massively oversized to me.

Currently it is just sitting on my nose with no way to pull it back. It is flexibe so it will pull back to my ears. Measured on my face it comes a little past my hairline like specified, and when secured it comes back to my ears. Once I get the earpieces secured I will take more photos. The last photo is also taken from a low angle since it would fall off if I took the photo different.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is the finished blaster...first attempt at weathering

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More images

Mask with Jaig Eyes

Holster with blaster

Joel Webne
Josek Lomex (Caleb Pennock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking GOOD! Can't wait to have another join the ranks!

https://m.facebook.com/rebels.midamerica/?ref=bookmarks

Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josek Lomex wrote:
Looking GOOD! Can't wait to have another join the ranks!

Thanks....I am just waiting on the shirt, but I am trying to determine whether I should go ahead and get a full beard and mustache set

And have it trimmed up...
or something like this

I dont grow facial hair very fast and while I have a full beard it is not FULL so I am not sure if it will be approved as long and thick enough considering the cartoon version is very FULL.

What are your thoughts.

Joel Webne
shadowzeak (Andrew Broadbent)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great so far. How big did you make the belt pouch and holster? I'm working on mine as well, and I'm trying to get an idea of how big to make them.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowzeak wrote:
Looks great so far. How big did you make the belt pouch and holster? I'm working on mine as well, and I'm trying to get an idea of how big to make them.

the belt pouch was a pattern that I got from a friend for leather pouches. but instead of folding the sides I cut the pieces out and used Weldwood.
so the front, back and lid are all one piece heated slightly and then glued tight and then the whole thing is plasti-dipped and then I glued a Super Magnet to the inside flap dropped one into the pouch with some glue approximately where the one on the flap was. shook it up and let it find itself. Then it stuck to the glue....viola. I added a second magnet as well for strength, so 3 total.
The strap on the back is black nylon strapping folded, glued and then folded again for a loop.

The holster is made from a plastic handicap sign, heated with a heat gun into the shapes that I needed and then using insta-cure stuck together. I used pleather from JoAnns and folded and cut it around until all the edges were covered, and then trimmed it while I was gluing. Then cut pieces for the inside.
I am using post screws to attach it to the nylon webbing to and from the buckles.

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heated up the foam a little to see if it would stay on without supports...I would say it works.

Now to get the wig trimmed (which was taken before moulding it and putting the disks on.

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, for those looking for a good wig for S3 Kanan here is where I got mine
https://www.glamourtress.com/It-s-a-Wig-Synthetic-Hair-Wig-REMI-TOUCH-LACE-RT9-p/it-shw-rt9.htm

I am using the 2T4/30 shown on that page and it will be trimmed in the back for a shorter ponytail.

and the beard I am getting will be same color from:
http://www.actonecostumes.net/bmfabesetfub.html

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test fitting everything but the wig and beard which still need to be styled. my beard will be shaven off this week.
Don't mind the tag on the pants.
Everything seems to have come together very well.

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 3 Kanan has been submitted...now the waiting begins

I have a bunch of great pics from Awesomecon this weekend that I will post.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: