Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5e09892dc0fd4455ce9e287ef9b54166Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fulcrum Ahsoka (WIP - goal finish 6/15)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely some good progress. Smile That chest armor is looking sharp.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked through the sleeves yesterday- am still struggling with how to finish them so that the diamond shape stays when its on my arm.

And did my first dry run for fit and where to place velcro and other attachment points. There's still a bit of final shaping needed with the chest and the bracers need slight adjustment. The skirt in the below is actually much longer -- so no panic on it not being long enough. I'd put on my boots just before I took this and was so excited that I didn't do a final check prior to taking the picture. Shocked)

The work continues this weekend... Will continue to update to you all - my accountabili-buddies! Thank you for sticking with me on this Very Happy
Spectre One (Jared Crane)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome progress thus far. The quality of your work is amazing. I especially love the smaller details such as the added lights. It's those little touches that really make it stand out. Nice work so far!
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre One wrote:
Awesome progress thus far. The quality of your work is amazing. I especially love the smaller details such as the added lights. It's those little touches that really make it stand out. Nice work so far!

Thank you! That's such a compliment coming from you as your work is so fantastic!

I did make a bit of headway on the headpiece this weekend - I'll allow Max to model for me:

In this one I've started mirroring the stripes made on the left side... man is that a challenge. I've used tissue paper to copy the general shape but as both sides aren't 100% the same some artistic license has to be taken.

The headpiece is a bit lopsided in this photo - I'd moved it a bit so I could paint easier and forgot to move it back prior to taking the photo. Also - you'll get to see my messy house Shocked

Migraine and Father's day has set me behind - but I'm so determined to finish this week. Tonight I finish the stripes and I'm going to see if I can have a friend come over to pattern the shin-guards -- again... because of my twisted shin bones its honestly a bear to get the lines in the back to be straight -- they always end up wibbly-wobbly...

As always thank you for sticking with me - for the words of encouragement and just in general checking out my post.
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay -- tonight's progress! I had a friend help me pattern out the shin guards again. I wasn't able to pattern them on my own and still get a straight line up the back. So I'll start by fabricating those tomorrow night. I did finish the painting on the headpiece:

And just for fun...

And on to tomorrow ... thanks accountabili-buddies for keeping me on track.
Storven Vos (Steven Huerta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That headpiece looks insane! Nice work, I can't wait to see it all completed Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see it all together. And from the sounds of it it will be soon. Smile The paint job looks good.

Best of luck.

propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked tonight primarily on designing and fabricating the crown.

I'm also on v4 of the greaves -- I have the right pattern now that accounts for the twist in my right shin) but am not accounting for the thickness of the EVA foam I'm using hence they're too tight... going to adjust a bit.

As I was contemplating my plan of attack - I did some finishing work on the dress - a couple more attachment tasks for the belt and worked out how to make the tops of the sleeves stay at a point instead of falling down.

So ends another night - 3 more days until my planned photo and submission. I'm down to mostly cleanup work... and the greaves Rolling Eyes
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright -- getting so close -- finished the shins and boots:

I'll eventually need to replace the EVA foam greaves for more official materials... but I think they look good.

Crown is also done and many of the attachments of the armor to the soft goods.

Hopefully submission will happen this week -- most likely prior to heading out to the convention on Saturday. And though I overshot my deadline by two weeks and won't be a RL member for Denver Comic Con I'm so thrilled at what I've made here.

If there's something in this thread that you don't think would be approved let me know and I'll see if I can fix it this week. I'll be doing finishing work for the next two nights -- and one more makeup trial... but I'd love feedback 😊

Look out Mountain Base -- here I come!!

[/img]
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as everything sits right and you don't have any gaps between your headpiece, headband, and skin, then you should be alright. Smile And of course, make sure the the paint is nice and even. Wink

propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!! So this weekend I took my first round of photos for my approval. I saw some things that I wasn't happy with so I'll be retaking them. What I've noticed is that my crown isn't straight and the sleeves aren't pointed up to the center of my shoulders from the side. (And my lightsabers don't light -- that will be fixed easy peasy!)

But I wanted to post to you all to see if there's any other corrections or things I should watch for prior to re-taking these photos this weekend:

What do you all think?
Storven Vos (Steven Huerta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the minor adjustments you mentioned, you look great! I think you've got this in the bag Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: