Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=563cef3c800918d780b03f02565da4b4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Photobucket hosting....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Imgur. Relax, Chip is right: forum use is fine.

Imgur was super easy and super fast to upload. I just don't know how many pages in here that might have missing photos now! I guess if someone points it out, I'll go and fix it. For now, the important pages are fixed.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a judge...people linking to Photobucket with a free account appear to be out of luck...

I am having some extreme difficulty with all of these new costume applications that have links to photobucket.....

what is the secret to getting some of them to work....or will some of them simply NOT work?

I have even tried to copy and paste the "direct link" into the address bar to no avail....

To be honest, I do not feel like fighting with photobucket just to see images people submit for costume judging...some of them simply will NOT work at all....and trust me...I have wasted huge amounts of time trying to get links to work....and all of the ads that pop up it enough to drive one crazy.

I have used Photobucket for many, many years and have always paid for my account - I have several thousands photos there now..
so...I did renew Photobucket
I pay $60.00 a year and so far it would seem that my image links are still working.....so...I don't know if the people trying to use PB are using free accounts or what....

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
corellianfive ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started with photo bucket many years ago it was really awesome and as per usual , something great is wrecked by greed. It became so slow, so buggy with all the ads now this ? Seriously....this is why we can't have nice things.
Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to remember that there is no free lunch, and however Photobucket was making money by offering free image hosting, apparently it's not making money anymore. It's an annoyance to switch hosts, but we ought to be grateful that there are organizations that have set themselves up to offer a free service to the public. Who knows what they're doing with our free stuff to make money... Confused
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel,

... i don't know about other members, but i find for one year 400 dollar expensive, this is for me a lot of money. Second issue, will it stay that price, having internet is already expensive.

Just checked Imgur, it's looks a bit like Pinterest ... is this the same system?
If others wants to watch the pictures you have on Imgur, have to have a account on Imgur? I know Pinterest is something like this ...
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... i give try out imgur, don't understand at all how that thing works, and it's only in english, it would be easyr if it was in flemish or dutch

sharing pictures from pinterest doesn't work ... when i add the link in " image addres " and try it out by clicking test i get a white screen.

i try out imgbb and seem working cross fingers this one stays in my language and free ...
Forestmoonstudio ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do we submit costume pics for judging? I've deleted photo bucket because of their changes.
I'm not to keen on the other hosting sites.
Can I send pics to my CO and have them submit for me?
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Forestmoonstudio, i got the same issue, i have try a few different hosts, and imgbb was to my opinion the best (for me).

it's free, easy in use, offers service in different languages, and it works.

I sended (few days ago) three costumes to judge, and got response of one of the judges and it works.

https://xschmittersx.imgbb.com/albums

I have also a pinterest account: https://www.pinterest.com/RSC_xSchmitterSx/ <<< it works only when a other viewer has a pinterest account (i think). You can post also large pictures, and when other opens it stay large. You can post max 200.000 pins / spread over 500 albums.

I fear if everyone send in pictures to a judge, that here/his mailbox will be quickly full.
Master Vos (Tim)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with Photobucket. So annoyed with there change. So not paying the increased fee either. Spent the last 2 days checking that I had a backup on my computer of all the photos before deleting all my folders and my Photobucket account. I've reactivated my Flickr account instead. In the process of changing things over atm.

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
Bowrider (Dexter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to give imgbb a try. Thanks for the suggestions folks.

xSchmitterSx I am enjoying your albums Smile
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to Photobucket images not appearing, another forum I visit has this message displaying...

"There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again."

I use firefox so did this and it seems to have only partly worked. I'm able to see most of the images I couldn't previously see, but there are still some that are not showing, which is odd.

It might work better for some of you.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Rebel Legion Webteam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried this plugin method in Windows 7 Firefox with the latest one available, and it works! Didn't even need to close my browser, just installed the plugin and refresh the page and all the images show now!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=api
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:
Just tried this plugin method in Windows 7 Firefox with the latest one available, and it works! Didn't even need to close my browser, just installed the plugin and refresh the page and all the images show now!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=api

Isn't innovation grand.

A similar one for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: